A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:22:04 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burnco BBQ  (Read 71458 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2014, 10:09:37 am »

Then why was he even open?

Typically he has a sign out every day when he is "out of BBQ."  People still stop in for other items.  Probably happened at the tail end of the lunch rush before he had time to change the sign.  Not every business can run with the efficiency of a McDonalds.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 02:01:57 pm »

I treated MC to the Burnco experience finally this morning.  We got there just after 10:45 and the line was to the end of the bar at that point.  It didn’t take long for it to reach the door and out to the curb.  With two cashiers, it looks like 15-20 minutes from the door to the order counter.

We shared a Happy Plate and there’s still enough left for a meal for each of us.  A sample of brisket, ribs, pulled pork, their sausages (all made in house), a slab of The Fatty, bologna (not a bologna guy at all and I like theirs), chicken legs, and a couple of sides.  MC agreed, it’s the best BBQ in Tulsa, if not the best either of us has had.  I can’t think of a place in KC or Memphis that I liked better.

Their raw to-go meat selection looks pretty good as well.  Looks like you can even get a pork/venison sausage.

Quite an interesting set up with all the Hasty Bakes lined up in the kitchen.  I noticed as I was driving off that they had more located in a trailer outside.  I wish them much luck and prosperity in the new spot.

Now I need to try Franklin’s in Austin to see if it is worth all the hype and how it compares to Burnco.  That’s one of the few other BBQ joints I’ve heard of people lining up around the block for.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2014, 12:58:30 pm »

I love BBQ bologna and it seems like you only find it in Oklahoma.  Otherwise I'd say our BBQ is a mix between KC and Texas styles.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2014, 08:10:15 am »

I love BBQ bologna and it seems like you only find it in Oklahoma.  Otherwise I'd say our BBQ is a mix between KC and Texas styles.

Easy to make.  Here's a little BBQ secret. . .

bologna is like a sponge once it starts to smoke.  If you have a two rack smoker, put the bologna on the bottom rack and do your ribs/briskets/pork butts/chicken above it, and let all of the juices just drip down on it.  It changes the typical BBQ bologna into something magical!

joiei
City Father

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2014, 08:46:57 am »

bologna is like a sponge once it starts to smoke.  If you have a two rack smoker, put the bologna on the bottom rack and do your ribs/briskets/pork butts/chicken above it, and let all of the juices just drip down on it.  It changes the typical BBQ bologna into something magical!

I will definitely try this next time.  Probably this weekend.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:12 am »

I will definitely try this next time.  Probably this weekend.

For the full bunco experience, wait two hours after it's done while other people eat it, then settle for a hamburger.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:24 am »

No need to start a new topic.

I went to a party yesterday which was catered by Burn Co.

Really good stuff.
Ribs, Chicken drumsticks, Brisket, Several sausages, Coleslaw, and the Grilled potato salad.

I didn't have to wait in line and "they" didn't run out of BBQ.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2014, 12:34:37 pm »

Only thing better than Burnco is free Burnco.  Nice going, Red!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2014, 12:04:15 am »

Sounds like what you are doing turns bologna "magically" into something else other than bologna.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2014, 06:19:08 am »

Sounds like what you are doing turns bologna "magically" into something else other than bologna.

Bologna IS pig-snout magic!!!   Go back and watch Forrest Gump where Bubba is telling all the ways to cook shrimp - insert bologna in every one of those!  And add fried in a cast iron skillet!!  And bologna salad sandwich - make like tuna salad, but add ground bologna!

Yum!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2014, 06:19:36 am »

No need to start a new topic.

I went to a party yesterday which was catered by Burn Co.

Really good stuff.
Ribs, Chicken drumsticks, Brisket, Several sausages, Coleslaw, and the Grilled potato salad.

I didn't have to wait in line and "they" didn't run out of BBQ.

Score!!!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2014, 09:20:53 am »

My husband has never been, what is the time to go during the work day to not have to wait hours?  Is it still that crazy busy all the time?  We were going to try and go today

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2014, 09:34:44 am »

My husband has never been, what is the time to go during the work day to not have to wait hours?  Is it still that crazy busy all the time?  We were going to try and go today

Then go now and get in line.

tulsa_fan
Civic Leader

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:47 am »

What about at 1:00 pm?  1:30?  Does he still run out of BBQ?

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2014, 09:52:28 am »

What about at 1:00 pm?  1:30?  Does he still run out of BBQ?

Usually out of ribs and specials by then.  Sometimes out of everything.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org