A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:32:24 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burnco BBQ  (Read 71848 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2014, 01:08:07 pm »

You waited for Ted's for an hour? Why? 

Taco Buenos is better than Ted's, and no waiting. Not that I like taco Buenos so much, but it's still better than Ted's. My stomach turns just thinking about Ted's "queso".

I have 2 kids and a wife that love Ted's.  Otherwise I'm with you!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2014, 01:34:34 pm »

Some people have no idea.  I was made to pick up a to-go at Olive Garden in BA some weeks ago on a Saturday night.  The lobby and the outdoor area were packed and there was an hour wait...for freaking Olive Garden.

The BA folk were truly steppin' out.

I just plain hate Olive Garden too. And Zio's.

Where do these places find customers?
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »

We tried for two months when they opened. And when we finally did get in. They sat us next to the kitchen entrance and is was nothing but traffic and noise. The food was just "Meh" I've never went back.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2014, 01:35:41 pm »

My wife is the only reason I have been there twice. Three times isn't happening.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »

I just plain hate Olive Garden too. And Zio's.

Where do these places find customers?

My parents-in-law, God bless 'em.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2014, 03:19:48 pm »

Some people have no idea.  I was made to pick up a to-go at Olive Garden in BA some weeks ago on a Saturday night.  The lobby and the outdoor area were packed and there was an hour wait...for freaking Olive Garden.

The BA folk were truly steppin' out.

Must be because they train their chef's in Tuscany. Wink
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:39 pm »

There is one thing I like about Olive Garden, the salad and bread sticks.  Pretty refreshing after a long ride in the summer heat.

But that’s it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2014, 03:38:51 pm »

Anybody go today? I heard they had register issues yesterday which contributed to the lines. I'm heading there tomorrow and I'm just hoping for a <30 min wait that's all inside. I was also hoping they'd add an additional register to quicken the line a bit. Since they have more tables, I'd rather sit and wait longer for the food after ordering than wait in line.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2014, 03:57:00 pm »

I think I will wait for the newness to die down before venturing over.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »

Are there still just two of them carving the meat? That's always been part of the delay.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2014, 09:58:32 am »

Are there still just two of them carving the meat? That's always been part of the delay.

Really? I always figured it was just the single cashier. It seems like you wait in line for 30 to 45 minutes to place your order but then you have your food within five minutes of ordering.
TheAnsonia
Citizen

« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2014, 10:50:13 am »

We tried going by on Saturday for lunch (nearly 1pm) and found that they were sold out of "everything." Very disappointing that this issue is still happening even with the increased capacity of the new building. The reason stated was that the Super Bowl was the next day, and they had a lot of orders.

.....I'll try again in a few months.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2014, 08:01:40 am »

Had a coworker go on Friday (2/7) at about 1:30 and had a bad experience. Now, this coworker and I have been to BurnCo together over a dozen times, and this was his first real negative experience. He got there, knowing they might be out of some options. He saw Adam cutting sausage so he ordered sausage but was told Adam didn't want to serve any more BBQ. His only options where steak or burger. He wasn't wanting to spend too much money (steak & potatoes are $20) so he ordered a burger and a drink and it came to $13 and he doesn't know if he was charged for the drink or not. That was $13 for a burger and maybe a drink, no sides. After that, it took 30 minutes for his order to be ready. He said the burger was good, but kinda small. He was just especially frustrated (as were others in line with him, he said) that they didn't "want" to serve any more BBQ including the stuff they were visibly cutting up behind the counter.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2014, 09:52:08 am »

Had a coworker go on Friday (2/7) at about 1:30 and had a bad experience. Now, this coworker and I have been to BurnCo together over a dozen times, and this was his first real negative experience. He got there, knowing they might be out of some options. He saw Adam cutting sausage so he ordered sausage but was told Adam didn't want to serve any more BBQ. His only options where steak or burger. He wasn't wanting to spend too much money (steak & potatoes are $20) so he ordered a burger and a drink and it came to $13 and he doesn't know if he was charged for the drink or not. That was $13 for a burger and maybe a drink, no sides. After that, it took 30 minutes for his order to be ready. He said the burger was good, but kinda small. He was just especially frustrated (as were others in line with him, he said) that they didn't "want" to serve any more BBQ including the stuff they were visibly cutting up behind the counter.

That's actually good! 

When the pit-master starts making cuts, that's when he/she gains an understanding of the quality of the product.  If I cut into a brisket, butt, sausage, or rack, and I see that it is dry, overcooked, undercooked, or otherwise not acceptable, it goes into the trash or is repurposed for beans or chili.  If you are willing to serve poor product for profit alone, you deserve to go out of business.

Adam was well trained. It would pain him to serve a less than perfect product.  Since you can see the prep area, it may be a good idea for him to post a sign that explains that.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2014, 10:05:44 am »

Then why was he even open?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org