A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:18:05 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burnco BBQ  (Read 71457 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 09:43:36 am »

Rumors they are moving to 18th & Boston.

Any idea which building is rumored?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 11:26:36 am »

Any idea which building is rumored?

I've noticed some activity inside the old SRO. (I don't know what to call it other than SRO because that was the best place ever!)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 11:38:14 am »

I've noticed some activity inside the old SRO. (I don't know what to call it other than SRO because that was the best place ever!)

It'll always be SRO.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 11:51:33 am »

My guess would be the Treehouse location.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 12:17:17 pm »

It'll always be SRO.

Indeed, memories of the Room of Doom will live on.

Is the Treehouse still open?  Was it ever?  I don't think I've met anyone who ever tried it and it always looked emty when I walked by.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:57 pm »

Rumors they are moving to 18th & Boston.

Excellent location for a BBQ joint. Especially a good one!  Wink

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »

Excellent location for a BBQ joint. Especially a good one!  Wink

How does that apply to this discussion?

I'm amazed at how people will wait in line to fight over an insufficient amount of unremarkable food in a building the size of a bathroom.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 01:42:10 pm »

Wow Scott, wow.

First, insufficient amount of food?  Their portions are just fine.  You get value for what you pay.  Also, they cook as much food as they can given their equipment and space.  Of you never run out of BBQ, you aren't serving fresh BBQ.

Second - unremarkable food?  Best BBQ in town.  Among the best BBQ I've had anywhere. I've had many people from many places agree.

Third - while your south Tulsa homes may have HUGE bathrooms... that restaurant is nearly the size of my house.  :p

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 01:47:33 pm »

Third - while your south Tulsa homes may have HUGE bathrooms...

They really are quite enormous.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

They really are quite enormous.

South Tulsa

smile Comfortably
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 01:50:04 pm »

South Tulsa

smile Comfortably

Reclining smilers
saintnicster
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 02:44:28 pm »

Wow Scott, wow.

First, insufficient amount of food?  Their portions are just fine.  You get value for what you pay.  Also, they cook as much food as they can given their equipment and space.  Of you never run out of BBQ, you aren't serving fresh BBQ.

I'm guessing he means the overall quantity produced, but that indicates that he hasn't been there in several years, or hasn't been paying attention.

They've been steadily increasing the amount of food that they produce, but they can still run out of some stuff.  I'm sure, however, that they're serving more and more people with the increased capacity.  It also happens that more people are showing up even earlier (a lot closer to 10:45 and 11), so if you're strolling in at Noon, then yes, you're more likely to have trouble getting something that is super popular.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 03:11:32 pm »

I'm guessing he means the overall quantity produced, but that indicates that he hasn't been there in several years, or hasn't been paying attention.

They've been steadily increasing the amount of food that they produce, but they can still run out of some stuff.  I'm sure, however, that they're serving more and more people with the increased capacity.  It also happens that more people are showing up even earlier (a lot closer to 10:45 and 11), so if you're strolling in at Noon, then yes, you're more likely to have trouble getting something that is super popular.

Holy crap they have been doing that for years?
saintnicster
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 03:16:32 pm »

Holy crap they have been doing that for years?
Year and a half, maybe. For some reason, I've had it in my head that they've been open since 2009 or 10.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 05:15:10 am »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and BBQ is certainly one of those very subjective experiences that folks are passionate about.

Some will certainly seek quantity over quality, while others consider a atmosphere and price-point as an indicator of a good BBQ experience.

In my opinion Adam offers a consistent high quality BBQ experience (very hard to offer both consistency & comp. quality).  Now that he has perfected the important part, it looks like he is ready to work on the secondary elements.  It seems he has his priorities in line.

He has become a destination in Tulsa for BBQ, because has a well documented process for creating a near perfect product every day.

Being hip and trendy is secondary, and at times a handicap.  Watch him, because he's doing it right.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org