A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:57:12 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burnco BBQ  (Read 71976 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2013, 06:56:29 am »

There were several offerings there that did poorly because they did no "outreach" or marketing, and did not offer anything unique. 

Steamroller and Hoffbrau both marketed heavily to be a destination.  The "if you build it, they will come" strategy seldom works.  Adam will do well because he is a good PR and Marketing guy.  Add freekin fantastic food to that and it will be hard for him to fail.

With the added space and service offering, he will become THE BBQ destination for people to hit before a show or event downtown.  Perhaps Hasty will build him something very big and very custom for his new spot, and in the process create a new commercial product to capitalize on  Wink.  Just a thought.

This is good for BBQ in Tulsa, because it forces all of the other offerings downtown to compete, and competition encourages excellence!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2013, 07:04:18 am »

Dangers of the "fatty."

Adam had one explode in the smoker this morning.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 07:35:06 am »

Dangers of the "fatty."

Adam had one explode in the smoker this morning.

HTH does one of those explode on the smoker?  Looks like a very tasty wreck though!

Reminds me, MC made bacon-wrapped, spinach, pepper, and goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts last night.  Outstanding!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 07:50:24 am »

HTH does one of those explode on the smoker?  Looks like a very tasty wreck though!

Reminds me, MC made bacon-wrapped, spinach, pepper, and goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts last night.  Outstanding!

Adam needs to call it a "ripper" and throw it back on the smoker. 

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 02:09:29 pm »

Which cholesterol medicine do you take?  I should buy stock in the company.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »

Which cholesterol medicine do you take?  I should buy stock in the company.

Grin

Fortunately, we don't eat like that every night. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2013, 01:58:03 pm »

If he's gonna call it a ripper, he's gonna have to deep fry it!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
saintnicster
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 01:28:30 pm »

New BurnCo opened today.  Lots of people there, as it was posted to their facebook.

Food was awesome, just like before.

Plenty of seating for lots of people.

They now have a "BurnCo Meat Company" section where you can buy ribs, steaks, ground meat, and sausage/brats.

The downside?  Since there were so many people wanting to try it, we got there at roughly 11am, and didn't order food until about 12:20p.  More process kinks to work out, but I'm super excited about the new place Cheesy
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 08:35:16 am »

I did not get there until after 12.  The line was out the door, but not all tables were full.  Wait looked to be :30-45 so I had to go elsewhere

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
saintnicster
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 09:27:13 am »

I did not get there until after 12.  The line was out the door, but not all tables were full.  Wait looked to be :30-45 so I had to go elsewhere

Heh, took us about 30-45 minutes just to get inside the door Wink  There's a lot of waiting space inside the store, probably 3 times the distance of the door to the street.  The ordering counter is in the very back, right by the kitchen.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 12:14:59 pm »

Heh, took us about 30-45 minutes just to get inside the door Wink  There's a lot of waiting space inside the store, probably 3 times the distance of the door to the street.  The ordering counter is in the very back, right by the kitchen.

Sounds like Teds Escondido and Oklahoma Joes when they opened up. Give it a few Months. It's just food.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 12:27:59 pm »

Sounds like Teds Escondido and Oklahoma Joes when they opened up. Give it a few Months. It's just food.  Roll Eyes

Waited 1 hour at Ted's a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night with the family.

As for Joe's, his business has declined significantly.  I think people have figured out that he has nothing to do with the Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas city.  Completely different food by leaps and bounds. He has cobbled together some good recipes, but nothing earth-shattering , except his beans.  He must have gotten that recipe from some pros!  I think he still has enough business to survive, but that location next to Bass Pro is high dollar, and a few bad months would be enough to put a hurtin on.

BTW, here is a great bean recipe that a local team won 1st place in the Royal with back when they were the competition team for Oklahoma Joe's Smokers.
ROYAL BEANS

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 12:47:28 pm »

Waited 1 hour at Ted's a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday night with the family.

As for Joe's, his business has declined significantly.  I think people have figured out that he has nothing to do with the Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas city.  Completely different food by leaps and bounds. He has cobbled together some good recipes, but nothing earth-shattering , except his beans.  He must have gotten that recipe from some pros!  I think he still has enough business to survive, but that location next to Bass Pro is high dollar, and a few bad months would be enough to put a hurtin on.

BTW, here is a great bean recipe that a local team won 1st place in the Royal with back when they were the competition team for Oklahoma Joe's Smokers.
ROYAL BEANS

You waited for Ted's for an hour? Why? 

Taco Buenos is better than Ted's, and no waiting. Not that I like taco Buenos so much, but it's still better than Ted's. My stomach turns just thinking about Ted's "queso".
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »

Taco Buenos is better than Ted's, and no waiting. Not that I like taco Buenos so much, but it's still better than Ted's. My stomach turns just thinking about Ted's "queso".

Some people have no idea.  I was made to pick up a to-go at Olive Garden in BA some weeks ago on a Saturday night.  The lobby and the outdoor area were packed and there was an hour wait...for freaking Olive Garden.

The BA folk were truly steppin' out.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 12:55:06 pm »

Some people have no idea.  I was made to pick up a to-go at Olive Garden in BA some weeks ago on a Saturday night.  The lobby and the outdoor area were packed and there was an hour wait...for freaking Olive Garden.

The BA folk were truly steppin' out.

Never set foot in an Olive Garden, no desire to.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org