A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:51 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Sultan Grill & Bakery  (Read 5034 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: January 21, 2011, 02:47:17 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 9515 E. 51st St
Date/Time of Visit: Jan 21, 2011, 12:15
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 4
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique: Middle Eastern food served buffet style, plus there's an adjoining market with hard to find spices, and other Middle Eastern food ingredients.

Tell us about your experience:

This was my second visit, the first being two months ago.  I love Mediterrenean style cooking so I'm always up for trying something outside the usual places I eat.  Even though it's buffet style, the food quality is still very good.  I don't think it's quite on par with Shawkat's or Dina's (former Halim & Mimi's) simply because items are not made to order.  I had the lamb shank today. Lamb is not one of my favorites, but I loved this, and actually it may be the best lamb I've had. The grilled veggies are a bit soft since they are on the buffet, but that's expected.  My buddy's shish-kabob was grilled to order and he said it was great.  I listed service as a "4" simply because it's self-serve and not really a relevant aspect to rate for this place, but I can say they were very attentive to whatever I needed.

Items available for appetizers are: Hummus (excellent), Taboli, cucumber salad, green salad.

Hot grilled items from the buffet: gyros, grilled eggplant, cauliflower, tomatoes, potatoes, lamb shank, chicken, beef, shish kabob.  9515 E. 51st St

For buffet and a good sized soft drink it was $11.92 with tax.  Price for the buffet is $8.99. They have sandwiches for $3.99 and I think I saw they make personal pizzas as well.  It was pretty slow when we were there today, but the owner indicated business has been good, he shrugged of the slow day due to there still being ice on the roads. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 03:19:19 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 9515 E. 51st St
Date/Time of Visit: Jan 21, 2011, 12:15
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 5
Quality of Service (1-5): 4
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique: Middle Eastern food served buffet style, plus there's an adjoining market with hard to find spices, and other Middle Eastern food ingredients.

Tell us about your experience:

This was my second visit, the first being two months ago.  I love Mediterrenean style cooking so I'm always up for trying something outside the usual places I eat.  Even though it's buffet style, the food quality is still very good.  I don't think it's quite on par with Shawkat's or Dina's (former Halim & Mimi's) simply because items are not made to order.  I had the lamb shank today. Lamb is not one of my favorites, but I loved this, and actually it may be the best lamb I've had. The grilled veggies are a bit soft since they are on the buffet, but that's expected.  My buddy's shish-kabob was grilled to order and he said it was great.  I listed service as a "4" simply because it's self-serve and not really a relevant aspect to rate for this place, but I can say they were very attentive to whatever I needed.

Items available for appetizers are: Hummus (excellent), Taboli, cucumber salad, green salad.

Hot grilled items from the buffet: gyros, grilled eggplant, cauliflower, tomatoes, potatoes, lamb shank, chicken, beef, shish kabob.  9515 E. 51st St

For buffet and a good sized soft drink it was $11.92 with tax.  Price for the buffet is $8.99. They have sandwiches for $3.99 and I think I saw they make personal pizzas as well.  It was pretty slow when we were there today, but the owner indicated business has been good, he shrugged of the slow day due to there still being ice on the roads. 

Damn, that's not far from my work.  Might have to try it now.  Usually, when we're in the mood for Med, we go to Shiskabob's on 31st/Garnett.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
TeeDub
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:35:29 pm »

We tried that last week and got some grilled chicken and steak.   Someone asked about lamb we were told they were "out."

It's a little high for a regular lunch but everything was pretty tasty.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

During a "lets try something different" moment, we tried the place several months ago.  I really liked it and we have been back several times.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:50:52 pm »

I recently tried Al Sultan.  For the Lebanese/Middle Eastern food, I prefer Sindbad at 61st & Lewis.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org