A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:47:34 pm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 166794 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #270 on: December 26, 2012, 10:37:36 am »

I love spam.  Sliced, fried in a pan on wheat with mustard.

In the days before Hamburger Helper (and such), sliced SPAM pan fried in the iron skillet was a quick dinner meat.  I remember liking it.  I didn't like it cold though.  It could also be diced and cooked in the skillet with either eggs or potatoes.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #271 on: December 27, 2012, 05:59:01 pm »

I got SPAM for Christmas.  Literally, a 7 oz (net wt) can of SPAM Classic.  Mom saw it and couldn't resist.
Pretty funny.

Good stuff!  Either cold or fried.  On wheat toast.  Lettuce, tomatoes, pickle, mustard... like a hamburger...

How about souse meat?  Or head cheese?  Get any of those as a kid?  You must have growing up in Pennsylvania...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #272 on: December 27, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed makes pizzaburgers with spam, hamburger, pizza sauce, spices, and cheese.  It goes atop a burger bun as an open faced sandwich, and it's cooked in the broiler.  We haven't had them for awhile because I can't have the beef or cheese, but you guys have me thinking of substituting sausage for the hamburger and a very light topping of white cheese like provolone or mozzarella.

I'm hungry.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed makes pizzaburgers with spam, hamburger, pizza sauce, spices, and cheese.  It goes atop a burger bun as an open faced sandwich, and it's cooked in the broiler.  We haven't had them for awhile because I can't have the beef or cheese, but you guys have me thinking of substituting sausage for the hamburger and a very light topping of white cheese like provolone or mozzarella.

I'm hungry.

Souse meat or head cheese - neither beef nor cheese, but good substitute for both...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:30 am »

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2013, 08:53:19 am »

A six-month gap between Top That posts?!

somebody's really been slacking.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #276 on: August 23, 2013, 09:46:01 am »

Good stuff!  Either cold or fried.  On wheat toast.  Lettuce, tomatoes, pickle, mustard... like a hamburger...

How about souse meat?  Or head cheese?  Get any of those as a kid?  You must have growing up in Pennsylvania...

I'm from Baltimore - we LOVE scrapple! I think that's also a Pennsylvania thing, too.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #277 on: November 26, 2014, 06:08:21 pm »

I went to Top That at 81st/Memorial and it was closed at dinner time and had a realtor sign in the window.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #278 on: November 28, 2014, 08:26:38 am »

I went to Top That at 81st/Memorial and it was closed at dinner time and had a realtor sign in the window.

That location closed a few months ago.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2014, 01:46:19 pm »

That location closed a few months ago.

That should give you an idea about how often I go to restaurants. Are any other Tulsa locations open still?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »

That should give you an idea about how often I go to restaurants. Are any other Tulsa locations open still?

According to their website,  BA, Edmond, and Abu Dhabi.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2014, 02:03:08 pm »

According to their website,  BA, Edmond, and Abu Dhabi.

I saw a location noted on their website at 41st and Yale also.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2014, 03:59:01 pm »

I saw a location noted on their website at 41st and Yale also.

Swear that one wasn't there earlier, but wasn't really with it yet.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2014, 10:42:45 pm »

If restaurants depended on people like me, they would all go out of business.

I rarely go out to eat unless I am out of town and have no choice.

tgra
Citizen

« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2015, 09:27:41 pm »

Top That is pretty great. My money is still on Andolini's though.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org