A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:22 pm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 165996 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #255 on: December 10, 2012, 01:22:18 pm »

Some stats...

TulsaNow only has 450 different people who have posted during the last year, but usually average about 5 lurkers per poster at any given moment in time. I think that the forum has probably only about 10,000 unique users a year. There is on average about 13,000 page views per day.  

I am currently buying two banner ads from TulsaNow. They rotate every times someone reads a page and there are a total of five current ads. That means I am getting 40% of 13,000 or 5,200 ad views per day. Because I paid for a six month contract, each ad is costing me $1.31 per day. That works out to be less than a tenth of a penny per impression.

I also know who I am reaching. By personal conversations, I know we have doctors, lawyers, business owners, elected officials, media and creative types on every day. It is a good demographic for me to reach with my messages.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:19 pm »

Absolutely!  Wink

Well, I wish you would tell that family member to get the drinks fixed.  Or get rid of those machines and put in normal fountains.  It is getting embarrassing to take people there, have a wonderful pizza experience, then get those lousy soft drinks.  And the one in BA is even using the 5 gallon boxes, so I know it's not all because of the "special" mix cartridges....  (I saw them changing two boxes - under the counter, just to the right of the Coke machine.)

Went with 3 other people this last weekend to BA.  Went with 2 others last weekend to south Memorial.  I haven't tried the soft drinks for quite a few months, so decided to give it another try...both about the same.  Both not good.  From now on, I will stop at McDonald's to get drinks before coming to get pizza.

As for the pizza - everyone raved about that - as always... nobody thought much of the drinks.  So I was chosen as "designated bitc$er" for the group.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #257 on: December 10, 2012, 02:42:05 pm »

Well, I wish you would tell that family member to get the drinks fixed.  Or get rid of those machines and put in normal fountains.  It is getting embarrassing to take people there, have a wonderful pizza experience, then get those lousy soft drinks.  And the one in BA is even using the 5 gallon boxes, so I know it's not all because of the "special" mix cartridges....  (I saw them changing two boxes - under the counter, just to the right of the Coke machine.)

Went with 3 other people this last weekend to BA.  Went with 2 others last weekend to south Memorial.  I haven't tried the soft drinks for quite a few months, so decided to give it another try...both about the same.  Both not good.  From now on, I will stop at McDonald's to get drinks before coming to get pizza.

As for the pizza - everyone raved about that - as always... nobody thought much of the drinks.  So I was chosen as "designated bitc$er" for the group.

I'll pass that on.  I haven't really heard anyone complain about the drinks, except that it can get a little slow when folks are getting creative with wild combinations.  I love the freestyles, even when I get just a diet coke.  They seem to have a lot more carbonization than regular machines and I like to burp!  Grin

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2012, 04:26:11 pm »

I hear the drinks taste better to those with a higher IQ.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2012, 04:27:16 pm »

There may be something to that rumor. 

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2012, 06:18:44 pm »

I will get addicted to it. It takes like rainbows to me.

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #261 on: December 13, 2012, 02:04:00 pm »

Wrong.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #262 on: December 13, 2012, 02:04:27 pm »

There may be something to that rumor.  

Still wrong.

As generic as McDonald drinks are, when even they are better, then that's a problem.

Don't mind the waits in line - the machine IS that much 'fun'...just the mix has always been wrong.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2012, 08:13:00 am »

At what point doesn't posting on this place become spam?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »

Top That pizza is the official pizza of Tulsa Now
Sorry Joe Momma
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2012, 01:22:00 pm »

Top That pizza is the official pizza of Tulsa Now
Sorry Joe Momma

I'm sure we could arrange that if they'll buy some Ads.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: December 14, 2012, 10:41:06 pm »

I'm sure we could arrange that if they'll buy some Ads.

Why buy? This thread is free!   Tongue

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2012, 02:01:22 am »

Wish I had some pizza right now...and maybe some popcorn....that and a large bottle of Dr. Pepper for the movies!!

The Magical Mystery Tour is coming on in a few minutes.  Yay!!  Road trip!!

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #268 on: December 25, 2012, 04:49:12 pm »

I got SPAM for Christmas.  Literally, a 7 oz (net wt) can of SPAM Classic.  Mom saw it and couldn't resist.
Pretty funny.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: December 26, 2012, 07:02:50 am »

I got SPAM for Christmas.  Literally, a 7 oz (net wt) can of SPAM Classic.  Mom saw it and couldn't resist.
Pretty funny.

I love spam.  Sliced, fried in a pan on wheat with mustard.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org