A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:26:46 pm
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 165995 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #210 on: April 03, 2012, 07:13:51 am »

That's doesn't make much sense--you know the need for Zantac over things like you and Hoss listed. BTW, that pepper grind of yours is a mainstay at my house.

If I am going out for pizza, yes, I will remember.  If I am going out to do something that will later include pizza (or whatever), there is a probability greater than zero that I will forget.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: April 03, 2012, 07:17:38 am »

I have the same problem but I've learned it's not the tomato sauce, it's the carbohydrate (unfortunately that's impossible to avoid with pizza).  I stay away from most bread now and never need any Zantac, Pepsid, or other drugs.  For years I thought my bad stomach was due to spicy food, oil, and/or acidic food, but now I can eat just about anything as long as I keep carbs to a minimum.  I can eat a porterhouse with a salad, balsamic vinegar dressing and pickled hot peppers, go right to bed and incur no reflux!  If I eat a roll or bread, I'll be up all night.

Eating like a cave-man took my weight from 215 to 185, dropped my cholesterol and ENDED my reflux.  I have to cheat though and eat the occasional pizza, but I've found that the Hearty Multigrain crust at Top That! does not set me off.  The Italian White sends me running for the Zantac though.

Donuts and chips also get to me.  I hadn't thought about the carbs.  I always blamed the grease/fat they are cooked in and the sugar in the icing on the donuts.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:37 am »

Donuts and chips also get to me.  I hadn't thought about the carbs.  I always blamed the grease/fat they are cooked in and the sugar in the icing on the donuts.

Changed my life.  Carbohydrate stimulates the acid pumps in some folks.  As long as the few carbs I eat are whole grain (slower to digest) I have no problems.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2012, 10:43:56 am »

Same here.  I buy the 150mg stuff (Walmart generic as well).  Tomato sauce/paste kills me.  Sometimes strong onions do.  Jalapenos, however, don't really bother me.

They ought to make that prescription just to piss you off.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2012, 01:15:00 pm »

They ought to make that prescription just to piss you off.

Let it go man, it's a horrible obsession!

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2012, 02:28:45 pm »

You know me, I never miss an opportunity.  Kiss

I never really understood why Pepcid or Zyrtec was ever prescription in the first place.  Sort of ridiculous.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: April 04, 2012, 02:52:13 pm »

You know me, I never miss an opportunity.  Kiss

I never really understood why Pepcid or Zyrtec was ever prescription in the first place.  Sort of ridiculous.

It's about the most I ever need and I don't take it every day.  After losing about 20 lbs in the last 4 months I'm learning to be a little more in-tune with what my body tells me and what I remember about how foods affect me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: April 04, 2012, 05:34:55 pm »

It's about the most I ever need and I don't take it every day.  After losing about 20 lbs in the last 4 months I'm learning to be a little more in-tune with what my body tells me and what I remember about how foods affect me.

My body keeps telling me to go f$ck myself after I work out. Anyone else's?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2012, 08:45:48 am »

Midtwon Location (41st & Yale) will be giving away free Philly Cheesesteak Pizza samples today

"SAMPLE DAY AT OUR MIDTOWN LOCATION - 11am - 9pm!"

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2012, 08:40:17 am »

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2012, 09:16:57 am »

I have talked with a guy whose company is a supplier of some of the components for that fancy coke machine.  Apparently, I am not the only one who complains about it.  The lines to get your drink if the place is even partly busy are a huge pain in the backside.  (My complaint is the mix is NEVER right.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

I have talked with a guy whose company is a supplier of some of the components for that fancy coke machine.  Apparently, I am not the only one who complains about it.  The lines to get your drink if the place is even partly busy are a huge pain in the backside.  (My complaint is the mix is NEVER right.)

Drink tea, not soda.  Soda is full of crap.

Wait, now I see where you get it  Wink

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:49 am »

Then where do you?

I keed, I keed.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2012, 11:56:49 am »

Ahhhhhh....how cute!!  He tried to make a funny....!!!

Tea is the beverage of choice - I have a big ol' Bass Pro Shops mug of it sitting on the desk right next to me now.  The problem is that most restaurants make such a horrible version of tea, that it is better to go with the soda.  But I always go with water at Top That, just because of the mediocre mix.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2012, 02:26:00 pm »

But I always go with water at Top That, just because of the mediocre mix.

But earlier you said that Top That! Pizza always has the mix wrong. How would you know (unless you have been stealing)?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org