A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:37:17 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 165983 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »

The Verve Pipe? Wow....I think I remember them from 2008 Wink

They do kids music now. 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2012, 01:20:47 pm »

Do you like, work at this place or something? You talk it up more than anything else in here I think.  Wink

I have some friends that work there.  Wink

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2012, 01:47:59 pm »

Do you like, work at this place or something? You talk it up more than anything else in here I think.  Wink

His last name is That.

His family tried "What's in That Pizza " and "F@#K That Pizza" names before settling on the name "Top That Pizza."

Power is nothing till you use it.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2012, 09:36:50 pm »

Went back to the 81st & Memorial Top That today for second visit. Bad service, apparently because only one person was working and he was all tied up helping one group that had people coming in before and after I ordered. My one small pizza came to me slow and piping cold, just the way I like it. Not going back.

I hate to try to influence bad first impressions, but I would submit that you might miss out on something that might end up being very enjoyable to you. 

I got no horse in their race - I know none of the people there, and have complained long and loud about the soft drinks, but when it comes to customizing your pizza, they do a pretty good job (most of the time). 

Was the first time bad, too?  Maybe you are jinxed??  We have been there a couple dozen times in the last year-ish (since a couple weeks after they opened - don't remember when that was), and the only real problem we ever had was they don't have fresh basil.  (We have done the Broken Arrow place a couple of times and it was just about the same.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »

I hate to try to influence bad first impressions, but I would submit that you might miss out on something that might end up being very enjoyable to you. 

I got no horse in their race - I know none of the people there, and have complained long and loud about the soft drinks, but when it comes to customizing your pizza, they do a pretty good job (most of the time). 

Was the first time bad, too?  Maybe you are jinxed??  We have been there a couple dozen times in the last year-ish (since a couple weeks after they opened - don't remember when that was), and the only real problem we ever had was they don't have fresh basil.  (We have done the Broken Arrow place a couple of times and it was just about the same.)

The first time I went it was pretty decent. The second time, well, you read what I wrote. If I'm in the mood for fast food pizza, I'll take me a extra large Ken's pepperoni to go for $10.50 over most everything.  Wink Usually there is no service issues for carry out.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »

The first time I went it was pretty decent. The second time, well, you read what I wrote. If I'm in the mood for fast food pizza, I'll take me a extra large Ken's pepperoni to go for $10.50 over most everything.  Wink Usually there is no service issues for carry out.

I have to remember to take a Zantac (WalMart generic actually) if I am going to eat pizza.  I like pizza but it's not too fond of me.  Canned tomato paste/sauce gets me.  Surprisingly, hot peppers do not.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:01 pm »

I have to remember to take a Zantac (WalMart generic actually) if I am going to eat pizza.  I like pizza but it's not too fond of me.  Canned tomato paste/sauce gets me.  Surprisingly, hot peppers do not.

Same here.  I buy the 150mg stuff (Walmart generic as well).  Tomato sauce/paste kills me.  Sometimes strong onions do.  Jalapenos, however, don't really bother me.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2012, 10:18:25 pm »

Same here.  I buy the 150mg stuff (Walmart generic as well).  Tomato sauce/paste kills me.  Sometimes strong onions do.  Jalapenos, however, don't really bother me.

Actually, Ranitidine 150 Mg tablets.   By prescription, 180 pills for $10.  3 month generic plan.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2012, 10:24:46 pm »

I have to remember to take a Zantac (WalMart generic actually) if I am going to eat pizza.  I like pizza but it's not too fond of me.  Canned tomato paste/sauce gets me.  Surprisingly, hot peppers do not.
That's doesn't make much sense--you know the need for Zantac over things like you and Hoss listed. BTW, that pepper grind of yours is a mainstay at my house.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:34 pm »

That's doesn't make much sense--you know the need for Zantac over things like you and Hoss listed. BTW, that pepper grind of yours is a mainstay at my house.

There are also those times that things I don't expect will affect me.  But I've pretty much sworn off Mazzio's Pizza...not so much because of the indigestion now as it seems now the pizza are much more...'greasy', than they used to be which give me nausea.  I've started eating Domino's again since they made their big change and while still not my favorite, I don't feel like my chest is on fire after I eat it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2012, 10:38:35 pm »

Acid + some preservatives are a normal cause for heart burn, so the canned tomato products make sense. The reason most people think its heat (spice) that makes heart burn is because they forget about the acid in the other foods they are eating.

Thank you,
Robert Town
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2012, 11:06:26 pm »

There are also those times that things I don't expect will affect me.  But I've pretty much sworn off Mazzio's Pizza...not so much because of the indigestion now as it seems now the pizza are much more...'greasy', than they used to be which give me nausea.  I've started eating Domino's again since they made their big change and while still not my favorite, I don't feel like my chest is on fire after I eat it.

Even the Ken's Pizza? I like it because it brings back great memories of my youth. I lived on that pizza in Southern Illinois...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2012, 05:03:40 am »

Even the Ken's Pizza? I like it because it brings back great memories of my youth. I lived on that pizza in Southern Illinois...

Haven't had the Ken's Pizza; I may break down and try it.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2012, 06:22:44 am »

I have the same problem but I've learned it's not the tomato sauce, it's the carbohydrate (unfortunately that's impossible to avoid with pizza).  I stay away from most bread now and never need any Zantac, Pepsid, or other drugs.  For years I thought my bad stomach was due to spicy food, oil, and/or acidic food, but now I can eat just about anything as long as I keep carbs to a minimum.  I can eat a porterhouse with a salad, balsamic vinegar dressing and pickled hot peppers, go right to bed and incur no reflux!  If I eat a roll or bread, I'll be up all night.

Eating like a cave-man took my weight from 215 to 185, dropped my cholesterol and ENDED my reflux.  I have to cheat though and eat the occasional pizza, but I've found that the Hearty Multigrain crust at Top That! does not set me off.  The Italian White sends me running for the Zantac though.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2012, 07:00:59 am »

Haven't had the Ken's Pizza; I may break down and try it.

Make it a day trip down Route 66 and end up at the REAL Ken's Pizza in Chandler.  Beautiful ride in the springtime, and you get that 1968 experience....
(Something tastes different about the Mazzio's Ken's sauce to me from the Ken's Ken's sauce....??)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org