A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:52:02 pm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 166866 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2011, 11:41:24 am »

Mushroom is the absolute center piece of any pizza I order.  Always.

Would like to see them get fresh Basil again - they told me the had it for a while, but was a problem... ??

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2011, 12:25:07 pm »

Mushroom is the absolute center piece of any pizza I order.  Always.

Would like to see them get fresh Basil again - they told me the had it for a while, but was a problem... ??

I'll ask about basil, most likely an availability problem.

I was thinking of a wild forest mushroom pizza with 3 or 4 varieties of fresh mushroom, sweet roma sauce, roasted garlic, 5 cheese blend, roasted red peppers and a sprinkle of asiago.

Probably two terrestrial mushrooms and two wood mushrooms, like oyster, shiitake, or hen of the woods.
I think it would be great if it really tasted like mushroom, not just the bland little creminis.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 01:07:30 pm »

I would try that pizza.

I love mushrooms on pizza (and on steak, pasta, etc.)

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2011, 11:12:27 am »

Although I'm not a fan of national chain pizzas there is one that I do like and that is the Tuscan Six Cheese with baby portabello mushrooms from Papa John's on thin crust.

Anytime I go somewhere new I always try the local mom and pop pizza places and my first question is allways "Do you use fresh mushrooms?" if they say no I won't eat there.

And I'm with RM, love mushrooms on steak, pasta, burgers etc..........
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2011, 08:08:16 am »

Pizza for a Purpose tonight will be raising funds to buy a local boy a service dog.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/post.aspx?Eat_pizza_help_local_boy_get_service_dog%2F45-12205

Tonight from 5 to 9 p.m., Top That! Pizza, 8393 South Memorial Drive, will donate 20 percent of proceeds to help Dakota get a service dog. Customers must place their receipts in a box by the cash register in order to participate in the fundraiser.

The dog will be trained by High Plains Service Dogs and Therapeutic Riding Center Association based in Purcell. Once trained, the dog will be able to alert Dakota's parents or a teacher when it detects signs of a seizure.

A similar fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse last Monday helped bring in more than $400, according to Dakota's mother Laci Holladay. With other donations, almost $700 has been raised.

Training a service dog can cost anywhere between $10,000 and $20,000 including their vet bills, food and the hours spent training. The cost is made up mostly in grants and donations.

The group's goal for Dakota's dog is $1,500. Any money raised beyond that will go toward helping another Tulsa family in need of a service dog.

I hope to see you tonight at Top That! Pizza. Be sure to put your receipt in the box by the cash register if you want 20 percent of your purchase to go toward the cost of Dakota's service dog.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2011, 12:22:06 pm »

Mushrooms can take the place of steak for me.

If they had fresh basil, I would get a variation of a Margherite.  Dough brushed lightly with olive oil.  Mozzarella, parmesan, and reggiano (do they have this?) cheese, sliced Roma tomatoes, sliced fresh basil (julienned).  Add a few mushrooms.  No 'sauce'.

Some like the San Marzano tomato.  It's good, too.

Yum!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2011, 06:11:45 pm »

I've never been a fan of mushrooms.
I do like the combination of pepperoni & jalapenos though.

More than 48 hrs since someone's posted in this thread?
¿What's up with that?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »

Usually get on here after eating - not hungry, so no point in talking about food.

Yeah, I know...that makes no sense at all!  Fooled 'ya!  Mostly no replies to reply to.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2011, 08:28:49 am »

Pizza on your terms. . .and on your turf!

http://topthatpizza.com/PDF/catering_menu.pdf

EJ

Tourist

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2011, 01:10:07 pm »

Why all the hate on Mazzio's Heir? They're just a local company that's celebrating their 50th year in business. They must be doing something right. I haven't been to top that but I can make the assumption with a great deal of certainty that a $3 pizza cranked out in 2 minutes isn't going to put anyone to shame. Does top that make their own sauce and dough multiple times daily? Do they constantly come up with cool new products? I think you're pumping a pizza shop that you or one of your friends are vested in. Either way, how about just letting the pizza stand for itself. Do you want to bash Hideaway too?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2011, 01:16:13 pm »

Why all the hate on Mazzio's Heir? They're just a local company that's celebrating their 50th year in business. They must be doing something right. I haven't been to top that but I can make the assumption with a great deal of certainty that a $3 pizza cranked out in 2 minutes isn't going to put anyone to shame. Does top that make their own sauce and dough multiple times daily? Do they constantly come up with cool new products? I think you're pumping a pizza shop that you or one of your friends are vested in. Either way, how about just letting the pizza stand for itself. Do you want to bash Hideaway too?

Ken?  Is that you?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2011, 02:21:39 pm »

I love Mazzio's. I also love Hideaway.  I would never bash either.  Top That! is a different concept designed to serve a different market.  Top That! competes with concepts like Subway and Quizno's.  It's more along the lines of fast fresh custom food than it is sit-down pizza.

Mazzio's has a quality product, I know, I worked there as a teenager, and years later served them in a marketing capacity.  They are an excellent company.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

Does top that make their own sauce and dough multiple times daily?Hideaway too?
That's kind of funny, because when I worked there they only made dough and sauce once a day, and that was for the next day.  In fact, the dough needed to be made the day ahead so that it could rise.

Of course, next your going to start trying to compare mazzio's to Joe Momma's, Salvastano's and the Pie Hole.  Next you will be saying it's on the same level as a tomato pie out in New Jersey.  Mazzio's is a delivery pizza, and in that slot it is a good pizza.  It is not the same as these other pizzas and really shouldn't be compared.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2011, 04:35:45 pm »

I am not a big fan of Hideaway. It is OK, but I think the crust isn't as good as Mazzio's or Pizza Hut. I usually get pizza at Joe Momma's when we eat out and Pizza Hut for carryout. Tonight my daughter has a big slumber party and I am taking advantage of the Pizza Hut offer of $10 for any pizza.

We have eaten at TopThat at least a dozen times and have taken friends there most of the times. My wife loves that you can get a dozen vegetables on her pizza.

Power is nothing till you use it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2011, 04:56:32 pm »

I am not a big fan of Hideaway. It is OK, but I think the crust isn't as good as Mazzio's or Pizza Hut. I usually get pizza at Joe Momma's when we eat out and Pizza Hut for carryout. Tonight my daughter has a big slumber party and I am taking advantage of the Pizza Hut offer of $10 for any pizza.

We have eaten at TopThat at least a dozen times and have taken friends there most of the times. My wife loves that you can get a dozen vegetables on her pizza.

Personally, I have figured out a recipe for homemade pizza that I absolutely love, so most of my pizza is that now. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org