A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:03:45 am
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 166023 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011, 01:04:18 pm »

Just figured this out the other night at Top That!. . .Rootbeer with a splash of vanilla tastes like a Rootbeer float.  They should just make it that way!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2011, 08:34:01 am »

They are getting SOOO close...

Ok, went again Saturday to check out the new soda thing.

First, the good news!  Pizza still fantastic!  I tried the 3 guys pulled pork with the angry red sauce.  Probably not the best combination (I should have got the Razz sauce), but the individual components were great.  Gaspar, are you guys supplying the pork to them?

Now for the mixed bag;

Soda mix should be 5:1.  Not 5.5:1 or 5.3:1.  Dr. Pepper, Coke, and Sprite were all off.  Sprite didn't seem to be as much off as the other two.  (And 4.5:1 would be even better!!!)

And they opened this door, so I am going to walk through.  The wide variety of things happening on that screen is pretty amazing.  But Seagram's Lemon-lime seltzer??  Really??  My feedback, in form of suggestion, is to remove the Seagram's and use for that position for the various flavors (vanilla, cherry, etc) that are a fixed solution under the Coke tab.  Break those flavors out, so can customize the other drinks in similar fashion.  Ex.; Dr. Pepper with cherry.  Or if there is an emotional attachment to Seagram's, do they really need two Dasani's??  Water...and diet water??

The BIG one here - and again, they opened this door - is Fanta Orange!  It is very close to criminal, if not actually so, that there be Fanta Orange with no means to add Vanilla!  That is the magical "Dreamsicle" combination known far and wide throughout the land as the ultimate combination and use of both orange AND vanilla!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2011, 09:33:45 am »

Dreamsicle in a glass? 

Damn, that wouldn't suck.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:50 am »

Dreamsicle in a glass? 

Damn, that wouldn't suck.

Add vanilla flavored vodka and you've got a porch sittin' cocktail.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2011, 09:57:23 am »

Vodka and Cherry Soda is a balcony sittin' cocktail.  Just make sure they gots a railing.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2011, 10:40:40 am »

Conan,
Wow!  Common ground!

And I think it would be great with pizza, too!

It is pretty good stuff.  I guess I would take a little rum over the vodka (too many half and halfs in my misspent youth - half vodka, half orange juice.)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »

Conan,
Wow!  Common ground!

And I think it would be great with pizza, too!

It is pretty good stuff.  I guess I would take a little rum over the vodka (too many half and halfs in my misspent youth - half vodka, half orange juice.)

More of a rum guy myself. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 06:21:08 pm »

Mostly I go for the dddrrrrrrryyyyyyyy wines.  And whiskey.
But this with rum would be great, I think!!

Gotta go find some rum!!
Oh, wait!!  I need Fanta Orange and some vanilla!!

Hey, Top That!!!  I need mixings!!

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2011, 11:20:22 am »

Come and get it!
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=274&articleid=20110616_39_WK16_CUTLIN115839&archive=yes

The Smokin' Blues really cooks up nice.  Keeps its rich blueberry color!

HellenT
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:22 am »

That just made my mouth water. I've been to Top That a bunch of times when I visit my parents in Tulsa. I think it's a great idea and much better than the you-cook-it-at-home pizza store idea. I could never understand why I would pay someone to make a pizza for me and then make me take it home and cook it. Do they ever offer any free coupons or other coupons for their pizzas and sides?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 10:33:19 am by HellenT » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2011, 02:34:09 pm »

Broken Arrow location now under construction.  There were some permitting issues that took FOREVER to resolve but they are building full steam ahead now!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:14 am »

COME ON!!  Gaspar, tell us where it is going to be!!!!

Same people, or a franchise?

And tell them to go to Moore, OK next.  Around 19th street on I-35.  (Am by there regularly and need a place to stop to eat from time to time.)  There are other attractions at that corner like 5 Guys Burgers, Earl's BBQ, McAlisters, Ricky's Mexican, and even a Mazzio's (blech!), and McDonalds.  There are plenty of places to draw a crowd to the area.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2011, 10:20:56 am »

COME ON!!  Gaspar, tell us where it is going to be!!!!

Same people, or a franchise?

And tell them to go to Moore, OK next.  Around 19th street on I-35.  (Am by there regularly and need a place to stop to eat from time to time.)  There are other attractions at that corner like 5 Guys Burgers, Earl's BBQ, McAlisters, Ricky's Mexican, and even a Mazzio's (blech!), and McDonalds.  There are plenty of places to draw a crowd to the area.

Franchise, and I don't have the address or I would tell you.   Wink  There are several more on the way too.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2011, 07:02:02 am »

I await impatiently.  Parts of BA are much closer to my natural traffic pattern than the original.

As is Moore, OK.  Midwest City would be good, too.  Hint, hint, to the guys running that operation!

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2011, 07:21:27 am »

Franchise, and I don't have the address or I would tell you.   Wink  There are several more on the way too.

I hope they don't turn into RibCrib, where they get a little TOO big for their britches, so to speak, by increasing the number of locations.  I've not been yet, but one of my good friends raves about it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org