A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:33:01 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top That Pizza  (Read 165986 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 08:54:10 am »

The Pizza's for a Purpose program has become very successful.  Last nights event for the animal sanctuary had people lined up out the door.

Great to hear that, for both Top That! and the sanctuary.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 01:39:14 pm »

Tonight is Chamber Music Tulsa night at Top That!

There will be a chamber music performance at 6pm.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 01:22:46 pm »

According to Safari Joe, Tigers like it too.

Top That! Pizza gives you Adonis DNA!

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 03:02:46 pm »

Will Top That open a midtown location?  By TU would be great.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 03:24:41 pm »

Will Top That open a midtown location?  By TU would be great.

There are several sites in that area that I believe they are considering.  I'll ask Pat next time I see him, if they have made any choices yet.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »

We have been to Top That Pizza about six or seven times and have taken other families with us almost every time. Each time the others are impressed with how fast the pizzas are ready and how good the value is.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 01:30:22 pm »

We have been to Top That Pizza about six or seven times and have taken other families with us almost every time. Each time the others are impressed with how fast the pizzas are ready and how good the value is.

Thanks Rm! I will pass your kind words to the owners.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 03:42:23 pm »

Top That! Pizza Tonight

Help us support the MS society by dining with us TONIGHT from 5pm - 9pm. We will be donating 20% of the collected receipts

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 09:21:01 pm »

Finally made it to the place Saturday night about 6:30.  The "new" must be wearing off; there were many tables full, but still 3 or 4 open.  This made it excellent for us.

Pizza is great!  (Bet you haven't heard that before, huh?  LOL) 

Salad was ok.

The dressings were unexceptional.  Had creamy italian and raspberry vinaigrette.  Tasted like right out of the Kraft bottle.

The drinks were 20 oz?  What's with that?  Aiming for a high end pizza (and hitting the target well), but then cheap out on the drinks?  Well, it's a little thing.

Overall, the pizza is the shining star and overcomes all the little things.  Very comfortable.  Couple of the kids working were doing a little bit of horseplay, but not out of line.  Will very definitely be back - repeatedly.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 06:14:09 am »

Finally made it to the place Saturday night about 6:30.  The "new" must be wearing off; there were many tables full, but still 3 or 4 open.  This made it excellent for us.

Pizza is great!  (Bet you haven't heard that before, huh?  LOL) 

Salad was ok.

The dressings were unexceptional.  Had creamy italian and raspberry vinaigrette.  Tasted like right out of the Kraft bottle.

The drinks were 20 oz?  What's with that?  Aiming for a high end pizza (and hitting the target well), but then cheap out on the drinks?  Well, it's a little thing.

Overall, the pizza is the shining star and overcomes all the little things.  Very comfortable.  Couple of the kids working were doing a little bit of horseplay, but not out of line.  Will very definitely be back - repeatedly.

I think Coke supplies their cups. Causes you to have to go refill at least twice.  I would rather see a larger size with a more sturdy cup and lid configuration.  I'm sure once they roll out a few more locations they will have a branded Top That! cup.

I'll forward your comments to the owners.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 11:07:11 am »

I was eating the leftovers last night as I wrote the note.  Don't have a toaster oven in the portable digs, so used the microwave, which is always a guarantee to destroy whatever food is heated that way.  Even so, the pizza was still better than Mazzio's even after that ill treatment.

Sauce was "Angry Red".  (No one would have guessed that, huh?)  I liked it a lot.

Sam's sells 32 oz foam for 6 cents each.
Lids 3 cents each.
Coke syrup (5 gal bag-n-box) for 1.5 cents per 32 oz glass (probably cheaper than Great Plains.  And if you really want seriously happy customers, adjust the ratio to about 4.7:1.  (5:1 is supposed to be normal, but most seem to adjust fountains to 6:1).
Other stuff probably a nickel (straw, CO2, filtered water, etc)

Go for the foam cup.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 11:48:36 am »

Go for the foam cup.

Go for the paper cup.

The foam cup is made from a non-renewable resource. We can always grow more trees.

The foam cup can easily break into small pieces making it impossible to keep from becoming litter when taken outdoors. Even small amounts can be lethal to birds and fish.

The foam cup is the standard bearer for our wasteful, one-use society.

Go for the paper cup.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 01:21:21 pm »

Tonight is ARF night at Top That! Pizza!
20% of profits will be returned to Animal Rescue Foundation.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 03:57:01 pm »

RM,
And big oil proponents would point out the overall environmental cost "cradle to grave" of foam versus paper.  And make a fairly convincing argument that it is not in favor of paper.  (I'm with you, I don't mind the extra cost to use paper.  But then the paper cups are coated with a plastic layer anyway, so would be curious if it really makes any difference?  I know I really don't like the idea of composting paper cups for the garden.  Like using newspaper, cardboard, and other non-glossy paper - in spite of the ink.)

And if we went to marijuana, it all becomes a moot point - can make the insulating foam OR the uninsulated paper cup out of a completely renewable, biodegradable, cost effective product.

Win, win, win.  In all ways.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 05:32:40 pm »

But then the paper cups are coated with a plastic layer anyway, so would be curious if it really makes any difference?

Paper cups are coated with wax.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org