A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:09 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Momma's Pizza  (Read 5073 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 14, 2011, 08:47:32 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 114 S. Elgin (downtown)
Date/Time of Visit: often
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 3
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique:

Joe Momma's is a casual downtown pizza parlor that has something for everybody. My kids love the unique pizza combinations and the video games and I like that you can dine late after an evening on the town. They are the only real late night eating place downtown and stay open till 3am on Friday and Saturday nights.

Tell us about your experience:

I go to this place every few weeks. I think I have tried everything on the menu including the appetizers and sandwiches.

The appetizers are half price from 4pm till 6pm on weekdays and are a bargain. I have taken my kids there after school and have fed them chicken tenders, fried mushrooms and loaded potato wedges and got out of there for under $20 with tip. It is also a great place for a late afternoon business meeting that turns into happy hour.

We like to go on $5 pizza Tuesdays where everybody gets their own one topping pie. We once went there with 22 people (mostly young kids) and ate for pizza and drank gallons of root beer for under $150.

The specialty pies are the best reason to go to this restaurant.

I love the Betty White, a simple vegetarian pizza with alfredo sauce, roma tomatoes, feta cheese and topped with crushed pepper and mozzarella.

The pizza I have ordered the most is the T Rex, a meaty pizza that includes sausage, pepperoni, andouille sausage, breakfast bacon, salami and ham then topped with cheddar cheese.

The last pizza I ordered was the The Oklahoman, a pie made with marinated pulled pork and hot link then topped with BarBQ sauce and coated with onions and cheddar.

Power is nothing till you use it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:50:05 am »

I noticed that you rated the atmosphere a 3, and was just wondering what effected this decision.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:54:29 am »

It is nothing fancy. There is a lot going on with TVs everywhere and video games set inside the restaurant eating area. The tables are lined with paper and the drinking cups are plastic.

I am not complaining. I love the place. But I reserve the higher atmosphere rankings for linen tableclothes, cloth napkins, real glasses and a more intimate dining feel.

Those wouldn't work here, especially with my kids who love to draw on the paper with crayons and spill drinks at most meals.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 08:56:32 am by RecycleMichael » Logged

Power is nothing till you use it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 08:58:40 am »

was just wondering about it.  I love the atmosphere because of this things, and don't think of a good atmosphere consists just of nice things.  Good to know that your rating the atmosphere according to, for lack of better words, fanciness, than comfort, and that is why it's a lower rating for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org