A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:42:39 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill's Jumbo Burgers  (Read 5941 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 13, 2011, 07:18:26 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 2002 E. Admiral Blvd.
Date/Time of Visit: 1/11/11
Quality of Food (1-5): 5
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 2
Quality of Service (1-5): 2
Atmosphere (1-5): 1
Overall Rating (1-5): 5
Price ($-$$$$$):$
What makes this restaurant unique:

This place has simply awesome burgers, especially for the price. The three biggest sellers ar their third pounder, the half pounder and the two thirds pounder. They are called Big Mama, Big Red, and Big Okie. The meat is cooked fresh with chopped onions smashed into the patty during cooking. The buns are toasted on the grill and then topped with lots of lettuce and thin sliced tomatoes.

These burgers have quite the reputation. The restaurant only has five seats and two picnic tables outside but sells hundreds of burgers a day. When we call in a phone order, they often say the waiting time is 45 minutes or more. These three choices all sell for less than five dollars and the first two less than four dollars.

They also sell a one pound burger and even a two pound burger.

Tell us about your experience:

Call ahead  592-5191...get the biggest burger you can handle and add a bag full of hand cut fries. The fries are salted just enough and are awesome when hot, but tend to go limp when cool. The people at my office just go nuts when I buy lunch there and most of them say the burgers are great, but the fries are even better. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:52:46 am »

I've been once and I was a little underwhelmed with the food. My burger had about 6x the amount of mustard I think it needed. I couldn't taste the onions, the meat, or anything else for about an hour.

I will try it again someday, but you really have to plan ahead to eat here.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 08:55:33 am »

I will try it again someday, but you really have to plan ahead to eat here.

I've stopped in on more than one occasion to get a burger from here, but always seem to go when it's closed. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 09:53:14 am »

Had both Bills and Hanks.  Edge to Hanks.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 10:17:38 am »

how does bills compare to fat guy's?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 12:55:49 pm »

how does bills compare to fat guy's?

That's like comparing Hideaway to Savastano's. Two different products.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org