A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:52:07 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod's Coffee and Crepes  (Read 33608 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:20 pm »

They were trying to sell the food truck so this doesn't look like a keep the food truck drop the B&M thing.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 06:31:25 am »

Yep better than most places.  Maybe someone will take it over and they can keep making crepes and serving gelato.  Business could be the same but maybe rent went up?  Seems like a good opportunity for Libby Billings.

She has her hands full...

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 02:58:22 pm »

I noticed that the majority of the shops in the Philcade are all gone now.
Did they get chased out? Rent raised?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 11:33:35 pm »

I noticed that the majority of the shops in the Philcade are all gone now.
Did they get chased out? Rent raised?

The Tulsa Teachers Credit Union is taking over a large part of the street level of the Philcade.  It's disappointing to see the area go "anti-retail".  Our daytime numbers are up at DECOPOLIS but the evening numbers are possibly a little down. Over all our sales look like they will be 10% up for the year.  Hopefully something will go into the Mod's space that is interesting and unique with a food component that is open in the evenings. 

It is nice to see the buildings filling up with more office workers in the area, but really, even filling them all up with office and living is not enough for retail to thrive.  Retail works best when there is a "massing" of it in an area to make it a destination. I mean I can "survive" there, work hard and eek out a meager profit.  But that ain't gonna get me rocketing towards my bigger goals and dreams lol.  Will be interesting to see how things go this coming year.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 08:48:48 am »

Always love your insights William.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 08:53:02 am »

m

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 09:49:20 am »

So does this mean the little pop up shop enclave has disappeared from the Philcade?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 09:55:36 am »

So does this mean the little pop up shop enclave has disappeared from the Philcade?

Made has a small Christmas shop, and there are a couple others but I doubt they'll be there for long. Now that Made is in the Archer Building I don't know if they'll have a presence after the new year.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 02:52:51 pm »

Made has a small Christmas shop, and there are a couple others but I doubt they'll be there for long. Now that Made is in the Archer Building I don't know if they'll have a presence after the new year.

That's too bad, it was a nice little retail enclave.  Our last shopping season in Tulsa was quite memorable with a stop in there, Decopolis, and the then new Boxyard last year.

Being in Cimarron, NM now we know many people from Philmont Scout Ranch and have had guests at our B & B on Philmont Staff Association business frequently.  Philbrook, Philtower, and Philcade all become a neat topic of conversation when it comes up that MC and I moved here from Tulsa.  The PSA is having their gathering in Tulsa this next year with several tours planned.  Kind of cool to get to still live with WP's legacy around us.  Just the idea that someone donated as much land as he did to the Boy Scouts and the legacy for the arts he left with Philbrook is pretty amazing.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2017, 03:03:17 pm »

That's too bad, it was a nice little retail enclave.  Our last shopping season in Tulsa was quite memorable with a stop in there, Decopolis, and the then new Boxyard last year.

Being in Cimarron, NM now we know many people from Philmont Scout Ranch and have had guests at our B & B on Philmont Staff Association business frequently.  Philbrook, Philtower, and Philcade all become a neat topic of conversation when it comes up that MC and I moved here from Tulsa.  The PSA is having their gathering in Tulsa this next year with several tours planned.  Kind of cool to get to still live with WP's legacy around us.  Just the idea that someone donated as much land as he did to the Boy Scouts and the legacy for the arts he left with Philbrook is pretty amazing.

He donated the Philtower to the Scouts too, to pay for the upkeep on Philmont. They talk about the donation of Philmont and The Philtower in the orientation for scouting groups when they get to Philmont, or least they used to do so.
TeeDub
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »

The Tulsa Teachers Credit Union is taking over a large part of the street level of the Philcade.  

If they are moving in there, what are they doing in that big 6 story building they build in South Tulsa?

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0463446,-95.8656642,3a,39y,327.08h,98.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3F96D9OeMufeOxz5eam8nQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-US
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 03:35:38 pm »

If they are moving in there, what are they doing in that big 6 story building they build in South Tulsa?

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0463446,-95.8656642,3a,39y,327.08h,98.84t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s3F96D9OeMufeOxz5eam8nQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en-US

I know the new building on 81st is the new main office replacing the one on 31st, I guess the downtown stuff is just a new branch.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 05:37:46 pm »

He donated the Philtower to the Scouts too, to pay for the upkeep on Philmont. They talk about the donation of Philmont and The Philtower in the orientation for scouting groups when they get to Philmont, or least they used to do so.

I was unaware of that until we moved here, it's very much in the lore of Philmont still.  That was the endowment to maintain Philmont, but Philtower sold some time back and I'm unsure about the ownership of Philcade.  They've got an amazing donor network for Philmont now and are spending a good deal on improvements.  The National BSA museum is moving to the grounds of Philmont and is currently under construction

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 10:52:55 am »

I know the new building on 81st is the new main office replacing the one on 31st, I guess the downtown stuff is just a new branch.

Are they closing the 31st & New Haven location?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 08:46:21 am »

The Tulsa Teachers Credit Union

To be accurate, it isn't Tulsa Teachers Credit Union anymore, it is "TTCU Federal Credit Union."
https://www.ttcu.com/more/other/news/2017/07/14/new-name-same-ttcu

Quote from: AngieB
Are they closing the 31st & New Haven location?

Talking about the big building on the south side of 31st, not the branch location on the NE corner...

I wondered that too, since its in my 'hood.  Property records indicate they own the building, as well as the surrounding parking lots  and the bit of green space to the SW - presumably so they could expand their HQ as may be necessary.  But NOOOOOoooo, they move out south.

I didn't see it listed on CBRE or Loopnet, nor did a Google Search turn anything up.  Their 2016 Annual Report talks about their new office, lists their new location, but doesn't mention anything about the old one.  I doubt they needed the 90k square feet of the new building, plus all the space in the old one?
https://www.ttcu.com/docs/default-source/forms/ttcu-annual-report-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I'm guessing it's just held as an asset and rented out?

I did find this interesting article:
http://www.newground.com/case-study/ttcu-federal-credit-union

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org