A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:30 am
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod's Coffee and Crepes  (Read 33606 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:01 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: 507 S Boston Ave
Date/Time of Visit: lunchtime 1/11/11
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 3
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 4
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$$
What makes this restaurant unique: Crepes and Gelato

Tell us about your experience:
Before Mod's opened, I had never eaten crepes. In fact, you could say I "couldn't give a crepe" about them. I did go and try it because I know the owner, Rusty, and was confidant he wouldn't open the store unless it was going to be awesome.

The menu is primarily crepes filled with an assortment of meats, vegetables, fruits and cheeses. They also have coffee from Topeca, Italian sodas, and Gelato. While their price is not what I would consider my normal amount to spend on "a pancake and ice cream," you definitely get a premium product for the price. I highly recommend it to people who want something different, or want to find an alternative to fried food.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »

an alternative to fried food.

There is no alternative to fried food only other foods not as delicious.

However, the gelato is excellent.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:52:17 pm »

I wonder if someone will open an Admin's Coffee & Crepes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »

I wonder if someone will open an Admin's Coffee & Crepes

Funny.  I wasn't thinking the exact same thing, but I was going to ask which Mod owned this Coffee & Crepes.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:37:55 pm »

Agree, I wouldn't say I would make a special trip to get these, but if I was downtown(which hopefully will be much more) I would pop over to have a coffee and Galato from here.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »

I'm the breakfast cook here in the chateau, responsible for pancakes, waffles, French toast, crepes, and various kinds of eggs, bacon, and sausage.  If crepes are made right, they contain a whopping dose of butter, so they're probably not the healthiest things.  Sure, you can make them with margarine, but why bother?  As an occasional treat, they're wonderful.

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed makes them with a chicken and cheese filling, very rich, and very filling.  I like to go to the farmers market in season, and get fresh fruit to fill them.  Crepes filled with fresh peaches, cream cheese, and a bit of powdered sugar on top go very well with strong, black coffee.

Now I'm hungry.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
johngaberino
Tourist

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:55 am »

Just for reference they have never served Topeca.  Downtown Topeca is at the Mayo, Hyatt, Joebot's, Dilly Delli, Brady Tavern, and Cafe320.  The Mayo has been serving Coffee and Crepes in downtown since  2007.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 08:00:19 am »

Just for reference they have never served Topeca.  Downtown Topeca is at the Mayo, Hyatt, Joebot's, Dilly Delli, Brady Tavern, and Cafe320.  The Mayo has been serving Coffee and Crepes in downtown since  2007.

Hey John, I didn't know you were on here.

Excellent coffee.  Thanks for working so hard here in Tulsa.
johngaberino
Tourist

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 08:11:14 am »

Thanks!
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 09:59:34 am »

Thanks!

I love the shop in the Mayo...I'm there every weekend.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 11:08:32 am »

I'm a big fan of both Topeca and Mod's.  They have been great additions to downtown.

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »

Bumping old topic with news that Mod's is closing December 16th.

I'm relatively new to the downtown area, but I saw a few comments about food truck to restaurant issues. Did Mod's start out as a food truck? I k now they had one until recently, but that makes this news all the sadder if they started as a truck, found success enough to open a store, and for reasons unknown had to close them both.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 01:18:48 pm »

Bumping old topic with news that Mod's is closing December 16th.

I'm relatively new to the downtown area, but I saw a few comments about food truck to restaurant issues. Did Mod's start out as a food truck? I k now they had one until recently, but that makes this news all the sadder if they started as a truck, found success enough to open a store, and for reasons unknown had to close them both.

Reddit is missinformed
Mod's was a a storefront before it got mobile.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 04:33:44 pm »

Seven years is a pretty good run.  Do they still have the food truck and this was a planned phase out of the brick and mortar?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 11:38:28 am »

Seven years is a pretty good run.  Do they still have the food truck and this was a planned phase out of the brick and mortar?

Yep better than most places.  Maybe someone will take it over and they can keep making crepes and serving gelato.  Business could be the same but maybe rent went up?  Seems like a good opportunity for Libby Billings.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org