A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:42:59 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boulder Grill  (Read 9873 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: January 13, 2011, 09:20:45 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Downtown In the Holiday Inn Hotel
Date/Time of Visit: January 5th
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 5
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $$
What makes this restaurant unique: Modern feel with trendy food choices

Tell us about your experience: I have been to this restaurant about five times in the last two months. I always start with the appetizers and my favorite is the homemade tator tots. They are twice the size of normal tots and are made with mashed potatoes then fried in truffle oil. If you order the sliders appatizers, they are a meal. You get three with a choice of beef, lamb or smoked salmon.

My favorite burger so far has been the black and blue steak sandwich. It is a sirloin steak with melted bleu cheese on ciabatta bread.

The tip is to go during happy hour when all the appetizers are half price. 

Power is nothing till you use it.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:40 am »

I have never been a fan of "hotel food".   But I have to say, the new Boulder Grill is probably one of the best restaurants in town.  I hesitate to say it, for perhaps I just haven't been to the right restaurants lol, but its been the best food I have had period, in Tulsa. I have never had anything there that was bad, or average, the food has always been surprisingly above average.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 11:16:31 am »

I never hear anything about Trula's in the Mayo anymore.  Anyone still go there?

I had a pork belly dish that really kind of put me off there.  I had no idea it would be a slab of fat.  I figured it was rendered down a good deal.  Aside from being somewhat disgusted, I found it off-putting that the new chef assumed that Oklahomans who would eat at a more upscale place would eat like hillbillies.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »

I hesitate to say it, for perhaps I just haven't been to the right restaurants lol, but its been the best food I have had period, in Tulsa.

I enjoy Boulder Grill however:

Margarets in the Farm
Lucky's on Cherry Street
Brady Tavern at Main and Brady

Three places I can think of off hand that are better.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

I have never been a fan of "hotel food".   But I have to say, the new Boulder Grill is probably one of the best restaurants in town.  I hesitate to say it, for perhaps I just haven't been to the right restaurants lol, but its been the best food I have had period, in Tulsa. I have never had anything there that was bad, or average, the food has always been surprisingly above average.

I need to have you and yours over some weekend when FMC is in town.  Between the two of us, we can do a pretty good throwdown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 05:44:28 pm »

I enjoy Boulder Grill however:

Margarets in the Farm
Lucky's on Cherry Street
Brady Tavern at Main and Brady

Three places I can think of off hand that are better.

Will have to try them out.  Smiley

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 05:45:02 pm »

I need to have you and yours over some weekend when FMC is in town.  Between the two of us, we can do a pretty good throwdown.

FMC?

dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:50:09 pm »

FMC?

IIRC I think he means the Former Mrs. Conan.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:31:09 pm »

IIRC I think he means the Former Mrs. Conan.

Close.  I think he's referring to "Future"...

Or maybe he's really really fond of an airline flight computer.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:20:58 pm »

Close.  I think he's referring to "Future"...

Or maybe he's really really fond of an airline flight computer.

Grin

My bad, sorry about that Conan.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27:15 pm »

Tried the Boulder Grill for the first time last night before going to the PAC..
Apparently it's gone downhill in the 6+ months since this topic was started

I'll be complementary and call it mediocre
My guess is that it would make for a good episode of Chef Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares

Still trying to decide if my wife's mashed potatoes were instant or if they somehow screwed up mashed potatoes
godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:10:29 pm »

Over cook, over mash = realllly bad, though more likely is instant, since its "cheaper" and they can teach a monkey to make it.

Thank you,
Robert Town
dbacks fan
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:12:14 pm »

This kind of explains why the ex and I never ate at the hotels we stayed in, and always asked the staff "Where do you go to eat?" Oklahoma has been on two food based shows, on two different networks, Diners, Drive In's and Dives, and Travel Channels "Man vs Food Nation" and they have both focused on local "mom & pop" places, and if I was traveling there, I would ask the locals "Where do you eat?" and not any chain place, where do you go to eat. Hotel food and dining can change quickly depending on the Food&Beverage Management, and the revenue that they generate at the location. It's sad when you can get a better deli sandwich across the street from the Hyatt Embarcadaro in SF, than you can at the Hyatt. That and they have hours that are outside of hotels hours.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 07:23:11 am »

Over cook, over mash = realllly bad, though more likely is instant, since its "cheaper" and they can teach a monkey to make it.

Actually instant is more expensive when you're buying in bulk.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »

Tried the Boulder Grill for the first time last night before going to the PAC..
Apparently it's gone downhill in the 6+ months since this topic was started

I'll be complementary and call it mediocre
My guess is that it would make for a good episode of Chef Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares

Still trying to decide if my wife's mashed potatoes were instant or if they somehow screwed up mashed potatoes

It has gone downhill.   The wife and I had lunch there about a month ago and we were disappointed too. 

Trust but verify
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org