A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:49 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cherry Street Daylight Donuts  (Read 5062 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: January 13, 2011, 08:48:50 am »

Location(s) Being Reviewed: Cherry Street
Date/Time of Visit: Multiple mornings
Quality of Food (1-5): 4
Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4
Quality of Service (1-5): 5
Atmosphere (1-5): 3
Overall Rating (1-5): 4
Price ($-$$$$$): $
What makes this restaurant unique: Best Fried Cinnamon Rolls, Whole Wheat options.

Tell us about your experience:
While many talk about the best baked cinnamon rolls, I have been seeking out the best fried cinnamon rolls in town. Glaz'n Haven at 71st and Lewis used to be the best, although there rolls looked a bit like footballs. A good fried cinnamon roll has to be crispy, but not dry, and expand well to get plenty of glaze and cinnamon coating. Cherry St Daylight Donuts has the best example of these I have found in town.

Their jalapeno sausage rolls are also very good, and many of their donut options have whole-wheat versions. They also have a "sprinkle-it-yourself" area for those who feel artistic and the staff is one of the friendliest of the donut shops I've been in.

Most importantly, unlike many donut stores in town, when they open.. they are open. All of their items are prepared and ready to serve.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:31:33 am »

Most importantly, unlike many donut stores in town, when they open.. they are open. All of their items are prepared and ready to serve.

This is a place I'd really like to go more, but they close ridiculously early for a donut shop. I don't even think they have a closing time. I call at 9am, they say, "We just ran out of food."

I guess there aren't any neighborhood residents who go out to their local bars late and would like a donut in the morning (Saturday mornings especially), or at least those people only sleep four hours.

As far as donuts in midtown that you can get after 9 or 10am that aren't from a gas station, any suggestions? I'm not that much of a germophobe, but the idea of all those QT customers pawing all the food in that pastry case does not whet my appetite.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 09:34:28 am by TheTed » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:48 am »

Paradise at 15th and Evanston often has donuts until noon, but sometimes they run out of plain glazed earlier than that.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:09 pm »

There is the doughnut shop over by Jim's Never On A Sunday Coneys on Harvard just north of 21st. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »

Paradise at 15th and Evanston often has donuts until noon, but sometimes they run out of plain glazed earlier than that.

Paradise has pretty decent burgers too.   I eat lunch there 2-3 times a month.  

Beans and corn bread are pretty good too.  

Nice family runs the place too.  Parents, daughter with granddaughter running around too.

Trust but verify
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org