A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:14:30 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zingo for sale on ebay  (Read 23634 times)
waterboy
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »

Listen to Recyclemike. We were all pretty disgusted that the park was no longer a safe place to take the family or send your teen. It was poorly maintained and an attractive nuisance for bangers. Not all their fault but they made some serious mistakes in running the place. IIRC towards the end they were selling margaritas on the grounds. Dumb idea.

It was more memories than reality.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 12:46:20 am »

Sounds like someone got banned from the park or fired and can't get over it.

And it sounds like you hadn't been to the park since 1979. The Bell's ran it into the ground and deserve the grief they get. I don't even blame Randi Miller or the fairgrounds for kicking them out in the slightest - who would want them as tenants? The Bell's family took a Tulsa icon and destroyed it and then (and now) just whine about how it's everyone's fault but their own. Not once since they've shut down have they taken one small bit of responsibility for anything. They lie on a weekly basis about imaginary banks who want to give them loans and imaginary investors who are clamoring to help them. Face it - selling the Zingo for firewood is just the final nail in the coffin (but remember - that's not what they're doing!! It's to "finance" the new Bell's!) Heck - Sally Bell couldn't even muster up a shred of dignity and instead decided to take vengeance on Randi Miller instead (admittedly, no harm done there). Now, they (especially Sally - the head of the Tulsa County GOP) want local city governments to pay for a new Bells (this after Sally ran on the "no new taxes and no government money for private projects" platform). I was going to say that if they truly wanted Bell's to reopen, they would sell the rights to someone who actually knows how to run a business - however I just checked and it would appear they don't actually have the trademark on the names "Zingo" or "Bell's" - just more lies from Robbie.
Smokinokie
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 10:57:25 am »

And it sounds like you hadn't been to the park since 1979. The Bell's ran it into the ground and deserve the grief they get. I don't even blame Randi Miller or the fairgrounds for kicking them out in the slightest - who would want them as tenants? The Bell's family took a Tulsa icon and destroyed it and then (and now) just whine about how it's everyone's fault but their own. Not once since they've shut down have they taken one small bit of responsibility for anything. They lie on a weekly basis about imaginary banks who want to give them loans and imaginary investors who are clamoring to help them. Face it - selling the Zingo for firewood is just the final nail in the coffin (but remember - that's not what they're doing!! It's to "finance" the new Bell's!) Heck - Sally Bell couldn't even muster up a shred of dignity and instead decided to take vengeance on Randi Miller instead (admittedly, no harm done there). Now, they (especially Sally - the head of the Tulsa County GOP) want local city governments to pay for a new Bells (this after Sally ran on the "no new taxes and no government money for private projects" platform). I was going to say that if they truly wanted Bell's to reopen, they would sell the rights to someone who actually knows how to run a business - however I just checked and it would appear they don't actually have the trademark on the names "Zingo" or "Bell's" - just more lies from Robbie.

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org