A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:20:17 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zingo for sale on ebay  (Read 23629 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« on: January 11, 2011, 09:05:05 am »

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13818460

Sad, but not shocking.

Here's the listing, sounds like Robbie is losing his storage location.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wood-Roller-Coaster-Sale-400-000-Best-Offer-/280614399329?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4155ebed61#ht_813wt_795
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 09:17:39 am »

He was on the radio saying he was selling Zingo so he could build a new Bells

So.. he's selling his card table to pay the ante?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:51:00 am »

Yes.

Saw this on the news.  I believe there was a second listing for $250K worth of #1 white pine lumber.  After I saw that pile of rubble, I had a feeling Zingo would never be rebuilt.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 09:57:05 am »

Yes.

Saw this on the news.  I believe there was a second listing for $250K worth of #1 white pine lumber.  After I saw that pile of rubble, I had a feeling Zingo would never be rebuilt.

In the story he says he won't give the buyer the plans to the ride, that the plans are the most valuable part. What a load of crap. I'll take your 400k but won't tell you how to build it? That's just plain stupid. He's lying.

And the listing sounds very desperate, it's basically "we will take anything so long as you haul it off" like a beat up barcalounger left on the curb.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:18:18 am »

like a beat up barcalounger left on the curb.

Bahahahaha!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 10:27:59 am »

Bahahahaha!

ZING!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 10:54:03 am »

Build the new Bells at the site of the Admiral Twin, along with a new screen, and you gotta deal...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 11:26:37 am »

You guys are great. After I saw him on Fox 23 last night. My thoughts were right along with yours.
Zingo is trademarked and he is not selling that. RRRighttt...nudge,nudge,wink,wink.
And how much is 40+ year old #1 white pine lumber worth ?
sgrizz. Great comparison.  Cheesy

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:31:28 am »

Here at four month roller coaster sales it's gotta gotta gotta go!!

Weatherdemon
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 12:55:50 pm »

I thought he said last night on KOTV that what indicated were core components would not be sold. Gears, chain, etc. The listing seems to indicate the wood is lot 1 and the rest of it is lot 2.

Strange.
Even stranger that no one could find a way to get an amusempark going in a metro area of a million.
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:46 pm »

Will any local or state building codes let you build a coaster, or any other major public structure out of 40+ year old wood that has been exposed for that long?
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 01:21:09 pm »

I thought he said last night on KOTV that what indicated were core components would not be sold. Gears, chain, etc. The listing seems to indicate the wood is lot 1 and the rest of it is lot 2.

Strange.
Even stranger that no one could find a way to get an amusempark going in a metro area of a million.

This doesn't make it sound like anything is going to be left:

Roller Coaster for Sale. Engineered and manufactured by Philadelphia Toboggan Co. Erected in 1968 and dismantled in 2006. The Zingo Roller Coaster formerly at Bell's Amusement Park in Tulsa, Oklahoma has been dismantled, put in storage and is now for sale. The train, track, gears, motor, chain, bent legs, and lumber (2x6, 2x8, 4x4, 4x6, 6x6, 6x8, 6x12). Tens of thousands of board feet of lumber, all double kiln, dried pressure treated, yellow pine painted with white latex. The coaster was 72 feet at its highest point and 2,675 feet long. This lumber can be cut, sorted, loaded etc, at its present location as long as its gone by 5/30/2011.

This coaster is for sale as a whole unit or can be separated into 2 lots. The lumber as 1 lot and all other components (train, track, gears, motor, chain, etc.) as Lot 2. The asking price is $250,000 USD for each lot, or $400,000 USD in its entirety or Best Offer by 4/15/2011. This equipment and lumber must be moved from its present location by May 30th, 2011. We will entertain any serious offer and help with the logistics of the move. Contact Marc Price at 918-625-0492
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 01:45:49 pm »

I say we see about getting it erected in Bluedome, over, around and inbetween the buildings and lots.  Rename it the Bludedome Zinger!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 02:10:24 pm »

Here at four month roller coaster sales it's gotta gotta gotta go!!

Man, you are on the gas today!

Robbie was explaining on the news this morning that there were rides far more critical to their business than Zingo and that they could always replace the coaster eventually.  He said the car, chain, track etc. was where the real value was although sounds like they assigned a value of about $250K to the lumber.

I have to give him credit, he's an eternal optimist.  Looks like a good day to break out that copy of his business plan I managed to pull out from under Randi Miller's pillow

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »

I have to give him credit, he's an eternal optimist.  Looks like a good day to break out that copy of his business plan I managed to pull out from under Randi Miller's pillow

Why were you in Randi Miller's bed?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org