A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:53:24 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Arizona Massacre  (Read 91883 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: January 08, 2011, 02:11:59 pm »

---------------------------------------
Breaking News Alert: Reports: Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords killed at public event
January 8, 2011 2:25:06 PM
----------------------------------------

Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords has died after being shot while hosting an event on Saturday morning outside a Tucson grocery store, according to National Public Radio and CNN.

NPR reported that Giffords, who in November narrowly won reelection to a third term, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event when a gunman ran up and began shooting. Giffords and six others died, the Pima County Sheriff's Office confirmed to NPR.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:15:02 am by Moderator » Logged

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:21:23 pm »

Supposedly she's still alive and in surgery.  The original report of her death has been retracted at this point by all major outlets.   

Which doesn't take away from the horror of it one iota. 
dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 02:42:41 pm »

Reportedly, one of the deceased is a federal judge and one was a child, local reports say that Giffords is extremely critical at this time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:59:10 pm »

Reportedly, one of the deceased is a federal judge and one was a child, local reports say that Giffords is extremely critical at this time.

And now conflicting reports on that as well, saying the federal judge was not killed.  Very dynamic story, so not surprising there are conflicts.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
dbacks fan
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:05:53 pm »

The one comfirmation so far is that Gifford suffered a through and through shot to the head. She is still critical but responding to commands, and that one of the fatalities was a 9 month old child.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:11:53 pm by dbacks fan » Logged
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 03:18:33 pm »

The one comfirmation so far is that Gifford suffered a through and through shot to the head. She is still critical but responding to commands, and that one of the fatalities was a 9 month old child.

Wow.

Before I piss of the righties, I'm going to preface the next part of my comment with a disclaimer:  I don't subscribe to the notion that people would do this on purpose, but the half-governor might well think twice next time she puts up a map with crosshairs on it when she proclaims the following:

Sarah Palin: “Don’t Retreat, Instead RELOAD!”

We’re paying particular attention to those House members who voted in favor of Obamacare and represent districts that Senator John McCain and I carried during the 2008 election. to make sure that those who replace them are Commonsense Conservatives. hold them accountable They are: Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-1), Harry E. Mitchell (AZ-5), Gabrielle Giffords (AZ-8)...

One of the crosshairs at the time she did this was on Giffords' district.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

dbacks fan
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 03:31:39 pm »

The feeling in the local media is that this may be health care, immigration or tax reform related.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 03:37:42 pm »

The feeling in the local media is that this may be health care, immigration or tax reform related.

I'm also going to preface the following with this:  although the AP has sourced this as the person who has done the shooting, there has been no LEO confirmation of such.  He has a 5 video Youtube channel.  This guy (if this is truly the guy) seems scattered to me.  He sure hates religion, and talks about creating a new currency, with some hatred of the government.

Oh, and his video composition is terrible!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Classitup10

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »

dback, AZcentral.com is reporting that the child was 9 years old.  Either way, still sick, if some of the eyewitness reports as to how he was doing this are correct (walking up to victims one-by-one and shooting them.  Doesn't sound real random).

dbacks fan
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »

dback, AZcentral.com is reporting that the child was 9 years old.  Either way, still sick, if some of the eyewitness reports as to how he was doing this are correct (walking up to victims one-by-one and shooting them.  Doesn't sound real random).

As everyone has read or heard the reports were conflicting, thanks for the update. Yes I had heard about the way he was shooting his victims so it doesn't sound random.

As it is it's very fluid at this time and it will be a few days before the whole investigation starts to come together
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 04:16:42 pm »

For those may may want to listen to some of the local news on this, the New Talk 92.3:

http://www.ktar.com/

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

Quite the circle jerk in here....You guys enjoy your cigs and naps......

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 07:49:33 pm »

Quite the circle jerk in here....You guys enjoy your cigs and naps......

Pretty crass statement, even for you...considering what happened.  Not surprising though.

Roll Eyes

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 07:56:02 pm »

And one of the most sane and memorable quotes of the day sums up in one sentence what has been going on for over two years (or more) now in this country.

"Vitriol might be free speech, but it's not without consequences." - Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, Pima County (AZ) Sheriff

GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 08:43:08 pm »

Such a senseless act.   

My thoughts and prayers go to all the victims of this atrocity. 

Trust but verify
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org