A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:25 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicory & Chives / Cranky Cajun Bar  (Read 4645 times)
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« on: January 06, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »

I just stumbled across an Irritated Tulsan blog about Tulsa's Best Restaurants No Longer Here (http://irritatedtulsan.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/restaurant/#comment-6034) and after feeling depressed, I started wondering what currently open restaurants we love will be lamented in a similar blog 20 years from now.  One of my current favorites is Chicory & Chives (5800 South Lewis).  The owner, Jim Loggin, started this restaurant 3+ years ago over on Charles Page Blvd. just east of the now gone (and lamented) Knotty Pine Barbeque.  Jim just moved to the new South Lewis site a few months ago.  It's in the old Sunset Grill location and he's trying to make a go of it.  The menu is a combination of country comfort and Cajun.  He and his wait staff are among the friendliest you'll find.  Their facebook page has the menu and it's gotten some good write-ups. It's not a foo-foo place, but it's extremely clean & they take great pains to insure quality-control.  There are specials every week to Facebook fans, and just a nice place to have a great breakfast, great burger or great Cajun. I'm not related to, or work for this establishment...I just don't want to be looking back in 5 or 10 years and regret that it is no longer with us.  There are many other fine restaurants that, if folks only knew about them, would have a secure future.  Another is the Go West Restaurant & Saloon in the old Avalon Steakhouse (also gone).

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »

Tried this place a few weeks back.  Great food.  Hope it sticks. 

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 11:26:17 am »

Tried this place a few weeks back.  Great food.  Hope it sticks. 

You heard the one about the glue factory that closed down, didn't you?

Apparently it didn't stick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org