A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:19:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Blackmon, Brandon Weeden will return to OSU next season  (Read 2894 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: January 12, 2011, 07:19:32 pm »

Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden and Cowboys receiver Justin Blackmon announced in a press conference today that they will return to OSU for the next football season.

Both players had been considering going to the NFL, and the deadline for declaring for the draft is Saturday.

Sitting side by side at a table with two microphones, Blackmon and Weeden addressed a crowd of media. Weeden opened the press conference by stating both would return.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20110112_93_0_Oklaho359892

Grin

Trust but verify
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 08:55:29 am »

I'm impressed.  It would have been easy to take the money and run after the season they had.  These two, no doubt, were largely responsible for the Pokes success this year. 

These two are pretty rare individuals.  Either that or their prospective agents told them they could sign for a few mil a year more if they got one more year of seasoning.  I think they should both be first or second rounders next year.  Weeden more likely in the second round simply due to his age.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:33 am »

Isn't Weeden already 27 years old?

After his eligibility ends, he can qualify for Social Security.

Power is nothing till you use it.
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 12:17:58 pm »

I am surprised Blackmon came back....but very happy. Go Pokes!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org