A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:55:17 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Thai Kitchen  (Read 8678 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: December 31, 2010, 12:35:41 pm »

I went to this newer place last night and it was fantastic.  Very fresh tasting and service was great.  It is run by an actual Thai family that cooks, takes orders and serves the food.  It is very similar in that way to Ri Le.  They are located near Ella's Deli at 30th & Harvard and are open for lunch and dinner.

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:59:56 pm »

The daughter of the former owners of Thai Siam owns it.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:37:41 pm »

I've been looking for a place to try some Thai, I'll keep this in mind next time I'm wanting to eat out and have something differant.
buckeye
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 03:36:22 pm »

This place is awesome.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:07:32 am »

There's a good Groupon for Thai Garden today!

http://www.groupon.com/tulsa/deals/thai-garden-tulsa?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu7142749

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:37:48 am »

I am kind of obsessed with MTK and their Tom Kha soup. That stuff is heaven in a bowl. I could eat it every day. I get the veggie version and it is LOADED with carrots, mushrooms, cabbage. It's the best thing. I just went there yesterday and I'm thinking about it again!!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 02:57:56 pm »

I am kind of obsessed with MTK and their Tom Kha soup. That stuff is heaven in a bowl. I could eat it every day. I get the veggie version and it is LOADED with carrots, mushrooms, cabbage. It's the best thing. I just went there yesterday and I'm thinking about it again!!

Tom Yum Gai was my favorite remedy for flu and cold at the Thai Siam.  I really need to start frequenting MTK, I have no excuse not to since it's close to the hacienda.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
buckeye
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »

It bears repeating - every time I eat there, I have a healthful feeling of well-being for the rest of the day.  There's some kind of secret mojo in that food...

Good Lord, Mama was cooking this time.  Kao Pad Green Curry just about took my scalp off with the heat, but it was balanced so well with all the other flavors...ah, nothing like it!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 04:35:43 pm »

It bears repeating - every time I eat there, I have a healthful feeling of well-being for the rest of the day.  There's some kind of secret mojo in that food...

Good Lord, Mama was cooking this time.  Kao Pad Green Curry just about took my scalp off with the heat, but it was balanced so well with all the other flavors...ah, nothing like it!

I always called it my Thai Siam buzz. LOL glad to see someone else had that feeling!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 05:42:43 pm »

Has anyone tried the new Thai restaurant at the corner of 51st & Yale?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org