A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:15:09 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tron Legacy  (Read 5399 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: December 30, 2010, 07:33:17 pm »

It definitely could have sucked.

In all likelihood, it should have sucked.

It didn't suck.

I don't see many movies in theaters but I welcome any excuse to go see this one again.

Note: AMC is advertising "See Tron in Imax 3D" but the only real Imax screen is on 71st.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »

It definitely could have sucked.

In all likelihood, it should have sucked.

It didn't suck.

I don't see many movies in theaters but I welcome any excuse to go see this one again.

Note: AMC is advertising "See Tron in Imax 3D" but the only real Imax screen is on 71st.

Interesting.  I understand everyone has their own opinion, but all the people I've talked to said wait for the Bluray on Netflix and don't spend $7-$10 on it.  I VERY rarely go to movies, but after blind-buying 'Inception' last week, I wish I'd have gone to see that one.  I believe the last movie I went to see at the theatre was 'Star Trek'.  The most recent one.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 07:44:21 pm »

Interesting.  I understand everyone has their own opinion, but all the people I've talked to said wait for the Bluray on Netflix and don't spend $7-$10 on it.  I VERY rarely go to movies, but after blind-buying 'Inception' last week, I wish I'd have gone to see that one.  I believe the last movie I went to see at the theatre was 'Star Trek'.  The most recent one.

Tron is one of only two movies that truly went from concept-completion in 3d. Most are crappy post-conversions. The 3D was excellent and not gimicky at all. You forget the gimmick and just enjoy the experience. I will definitely buy the Bluray when it comes out but this is one of the very few movies worth paying to see in 3d (home 3d is crap)

Matinee prices help too.

I think inception was the last non-kids movie I saw in theaters.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:49:05 pm »

A few images:

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:51:54 pm by sgrizzle » Logged
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:35:57 pm »

Your gonna make me cry. Got my first pay check today, but still can't afford to go
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 08:18:22 am »

I was all in a hurry to see Tron.  The IMAX 3-Dwas sold out the day I went so went ahead and saw it "regular" style.  I enjoyed the movie but afterwards while leaving I was like... "Aaargh, so should have waited to see it in 3-D", for you could tell the imagery would have really rocked in 3-D.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 02:44:41 pm »

okay, we are going to sacrafice a few things, and going to catch a matinee in just a bit
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »

I went to see it at the real IMAX on 71st.  I got 2 tickets for the price of 1 with my Visa Signature card on Fandango.

http://www.fandango.com/visasignature
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 01:05:57 pm »

I ended up skipping it yesterday.  Figured I might have a little bit more money to afford it next week.  If I knew it would be there long enough I would put it off another week. 
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 04:14:43 pm »

I took the boy's the second day it was out. Got the tickets a week early on line for the 3D theatre out here in B.A. by my house.
It was worth every bit of the 36 Dollars I spent. I waited 26 years for this sequel and it didnt disappoint. Great story and fantastic effects.
Must see at the theatre.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:09 pm »

We loved it! 

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 03:39:54 pm »

Guess I will have to go see it.

Another Jeff Bridges movie out now is WAY worth the time and money!  True Grit.
Gonna buy the Blue Ray the instant it comes out.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:57:18 am »

Its a good movie, I can't say anything was epic about it, but I was not really a big tron fan, The Matrix did more for me than Tron, but we went the day before Christmas Eve and there were no lines and it wasn't very crowded as I would have thought the IMAX would be, but I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars for a movie.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:29 pm »

Its a good movie, I can't say anything was epic about it, but I was not really a big tron fan, The Matrix did more for me than Tron, but we went the day before Christmas Eve and there were no lines and it wasn't very crowded as I would have thought the IMAX would be, but I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars for a movie.

Coming from you, that means the movie rates about like this:

* star_wars_rock.jpg (123.84 KB - downloaded 239 times.)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 04:36:33 pm »

Tron Audi R8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org