A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:04:18 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 Cent Still Shoveling Snow!  (Read 13779 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: December 27, 2010, 04:33:10 pm »

What's the street value of that. . .uh. . .street?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 05:18:05 pm »

2 bits
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 06:53:59 pm »

2 bits

Technically, four bits if we talking about fiddy cents

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 06:56:13 pm »

If 50 cent changed his name to "two for a dollar" he would double his record sales.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 08:25:35 pm »

If 50 cent changed his name to "two for a dollar" he would double his record sales.

Up some but probably not double.  Cheap people (like me) recognize that most of the time the cash register will give you one for half the price of two.  Used to be something like $.60 ea / 2 for $1.00.  Now it's just 2 for $1.00.  I guess it's easier to program the cash register that way.

dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:32:00 am »

Up some but probably not double.  Cheap people (like me) recognize that most of the time the cash register will give you one for half the price of two.  Used to be something like $.60 ea / 2 for $1.00.  Now it's just 2 for $1.00.  I guess it's easier to program the cash register that way.

No, it just makes it easier for the non math wiz behind the register.   Wink
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:53:56 am »

No, it just makes it easier for the non math wiz behind the register.   Wink

A few years ago I would have agreed with you.  With everything being barcoded or a punched in product ID like the stickers on fresh veggies, the wiz behind the register barely needs to know how to make change.

dbacks fan
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 11:02:16 am »

A few years ago I would have agreed with you.  With everything being barcoded or a punched in product ID like the stickers on fresh veggies, the wiz behind the register barely needs to know how to make change.

That's why I like QT they count you change back twice, once as the pull it from the drawer, and second as they hand it to you. Any place else I go that I pay in cash, at the time I hand the person my money, I have already calculated the change in my head.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 11:43:20 am »

That's why I like QT they count you change back twice, once as the pull it from the drawer, and second as they hand it to you. Any place else I go that I pay in cash, at the time I hand the person my money, I have already calculated the change in my head.

You carry cash?
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 11:55:41 am »

Didn't used to have to calculate change.  It was counted up as they gave it to you.

For you youngsters:
If you spent $.70 and paid with a $5 bill, they would give you (and count outloud) a nickel to make $.75, a quarter to make $1, and 4 of $1 to make $5.  Easy.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 11:58:59 am »

You carry cash?

I try to pay for everything under two dollars in coins.

I just like coins. They are durable, shiny, and have a great history. I plan ahead and try to have exact change so as not to slow down the process for other customers and often go over for a small tip.

I do prefer paying in cash whenever possible. Maybe it is the privacy angle, maybe it is a deep fear that my debit or credit card will be refused even when I know it shouldn't (machines hate me).

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 12:05:17 pm »

You carry cash?

Some but not much.

It's fun to see some cashiers, especially young ones, reaction to cash. Some still ask for a phone number or something as though it was a credit/debit card. I rarely have anything bigger than a $20.  Some fumble to check to see if it is real or Memorex counterfeit.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 12:06:21 pm »

I just like coins. They are durable, shiny, and have a great history. I plan ahead and try to have exact change so as not to slow down the process for other customers and often go over for a small tip.

I do prefer paying in cash whenever possible. Maybe it is the privacy angle, maybe it is a deep fear that my debit or credit card will be refused even when I know it shouldn't (machines hate me).

A while back I read an article about money.  Part of the story was about what can be found on most currency (pretty gross).  I think about it any time I have it in my hands now and wash my hands or use sanitizer soon after.

I'm going to ignore more of these stories about what is on my phone and wallet.  The money thing was bad enough.
dbacks fan
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 12:09:07 pm »

You carry cash?

No more than $20.00, and it's usaully $10, $5, four $1 and a mixture of change. If I stop at QT for a soda and a snack I pay cash. Old habit I guess.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »

I just like coins. They are durable, shiny, and have a great history.

I toss my coins received in change on a shelf at home.  After a while, I gather them up and take them to the bank.  A friend always threw his change in a big tub.  After about 10 years (I think), he had about $3500.00,  money he wouldn't have saved if he always used a credit card. Difficult for a casual thief to steal too.  Large quantities of coins are heavy and not worth much by the handful.  I don't spend that much cash so my "tub of money" is a lot smaller, including the "buckets of money" I have received as gag gifts from my mother.  I also try to take change for $1 with me to get closer to exact price at check out.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org