A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:01 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Criticism Invited  (Read 14515 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: December 14, 2010, 09:48:33 am »

Come by Top That! Pizza and give us your honest opinion.

Today's pizza ideas:
Basil pesto, pizza cheese, caramelized onions, Italian sausage, fresh mushrooms, plus crumbled gorgonzola cheese on a hearty multigrain crust. (And, yes, it's still $5.99.)

or

A honey wheat crust with spicy (angry) red sauce, pizza cheese, Siegi's hot links, caramelized onions, banana peppers and then finished with pepper jack cheese! (And, yes, it's still $5.99.)

or

Just make something up.

Come back to this thread and let me know what you think.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:32:02 am »

I thought I wasn't allowed down that far south.. Wink

Seriously, though, why'd you have to go and make me hungry for something clear on the other side of town?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:45 am »

I thought I wasn't allowed down that far south.. Wink

Seriously, though, why'd you have to go and make me hungry for something clear on the other side of town?

Due to paperwork delay:

2. The FAA treatment, we don't care when you think your passport expires.  We just made them all expire within 6 months (FAA used 3 yrs) and they must be renewed.

You cannot use that excuse yet.

dbacks fan
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:25:44 pm »

Due to paperwork delay:

2. The FAA treatment, we don't care when you think your passport expires.  We just made them all expire within 6 months (FAA used 3 yrs) and they must be renewed.

What about visitors from another state? Would I need a Visa for south Tulsa? Are there any medical vaccinations I need to get or update?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 12:29:38 pm »

Due to paperwork delay:

Ahh yes, you operate under the auspices of the FAA and ASME extensively.  Poor guy  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 12:32:07 pm »

Ahh yes, you operate under the auspices of the FAA and ASME extensively.  Poor guy  Wink

Mostly FAA, not so much ASME.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 12:35:16 pm »

What about visitors from another state? Would I need a Visa for south Tulsa? Are there any medical vaccinations I need to get or update?

A photo ID from another state would be acceptable for a short visit.  You need vaccinations to keep disease out of South Tulsa. We check papers. 

We should probably move the fun of visiting S. Tulsa back to the original hijacked thread.  Grin

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 02:10:46 pm »

You are allowed in South Tulsa as long as you don't B!tch and moan about people having driveways and garages to park in.  We also encourage that you do not flick your cigarette butts or spit your gum out the window.  Please be on your best behavior.

Note: If you intend to walk, the sidewalks end at 41st street.  You can however take the trail system from Riverparks all the way to Top That! (the trail now extends all the way to Alabama).

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 02:23:13 pm »

Today's crime against my holiday diet.

Honey Wheat crust
Angry Red Sauce
Pepperoni
Red Onion
Bacon
Beef Brisket
Mushrooms
Mozzarella
Gorgonzola
Jalapeños

. . .and a salad to make it healthy  Smiley.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 02:27:08 pm »

You are allowed in South Tulsa as long as you don't B!tch and moan about people having driveways and garages to park in.  
You may be surprised to learn that we midtowners have garages..we just put 'em behind the house where they're harder to see or we disguise them as apartments. Wink

That pesto, onion, mushroom, and gorgonzola pizza sounds great. I may have to stop by Top That when I'm down south on Thursday (gotta get the car serviced, and it's cheaper at Jim Norton than it is at Riverside)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
dbacks fan
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 03:01:14 pm »

You may be surprised to learn that we midtowners have garages..we just put 'em behind the house where they're harder to see or we disguise them as apartments. Wink

When I was a northie, I had a garage, a driveway, yard, trees, and I was less than five minutes from the airport.
dbacks fan
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 03:04:14 pm »

That pesto, onion, mushroom, and gorgonzola pizza sounds great. I may have to stop by Top That when I'm down south on Thursday (gotta get the car serviced, and it's cheaper at Jim Norton than it is at Riverside)

That really does sound good, I have added it to my list for when I get out there.

Was Riverside ever cheap price wise? And are they still owned by Hudiburg?
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 06:30:29 pm »

The food may be good, but the local atmosphere needs improvement.  Met some of my southside friends (Yes I am very tolerant and open minded some of my best friends are southsiders.) out for dinner.  While waiting for them to get there I sat down on the curb by the restaurant and admired the generic strip mall across the street. I was like "Wow, this stuff just sucks the soul right out of you.  I don't know how my friends can live like this. "  Cool

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 08:57:20 pm »

I don't know how my friends can live like this. "  Cool

Same old urban/suburban mindset discussion.  I'll agree the architecture is not exciting but neither is a lot downtown to me.  Consider the parking strip between the main road and the buildings to be the local street with business on one side only.  Then you sorta have store fronts up to the sidewalk and calm traffic by the sidewalk.  Not the same I know but I can't see this:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=69th+Street+Terminal,+PA&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.829089,120.673828&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=69th+Street+Terminal&ll=39.961243,-75.258&spn=0.006431,0.014731&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=39.960286,-75.25872&panoid=LxS6WsvouvG96z9crNGsuw&cbp=12,29.39,,0,5

on Memorial.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 09:01:54 pm »

You'll still be about a mile away.  I don't remember if the sidewalks were continued north of 91st.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org