A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:30:20 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New shopping center planned for Tulsa  (Read 22835 times)
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 09:50:19 am »

uh....smashburger is on the west side of olympia, north is on the top of the photo....horrible sidewalks are to the east of olympia.....i'm not talking about the bus lane that is along olympia.

I know smashburger is on the west side, thats what I just said in my post above.  I guess I have never noticed these "horrible sidewalks."  But again, people like yourself, grumble that we need sidewalks, and when they do finally put them in, you then grumble that they arent straight.  Wow.  Shouldnt you be bitching about quiktrip gas prices or something??

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
inteller
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 07:33:45 pm »

horrible recovery.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 07:16:41 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110302_11_0_Zoning722538

He said "walkable," ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Anyway, this really is a fairly nice development considering it is a shopping center. I look forward to it opening.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 09:25:27 pm »

Will 75 ever have access roads on both sides?  It doesn't appear they are doing that or they would've done it already.  Why I ask is because the plan for The Walk (stupid name btw) shows Olympia (the main thoroughfare through Tulsa Hills to the north, and between 71st and 81st in the area, ending at this shopping center.  I would think they would want to connect it all the way to 91st.

inteller
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:40 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20110302_11_0_Zoning722538

He said "walkable," ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Anyway, this really is a fairly nice development considering it is a shopping center. I look forward to it opening.

actually he said walkable destination.  Which means, a place that once you drive there you can walk around.....what a concept.  I think I want a sitable destination where drive my car to a point, at which point it enters a conveyor belt and I can just sit while I am pulled through Chilis, Best Buy, Ross, Marshalls, pet smart, etc.  That's the Okie way!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:18:35 pm by inteller » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2011, 11:50:52 pm »

actually he said walkable destination.  Which means, a place that once you drive there you can walk around.....what a concept.  I think I want a sitable destination where drive my car to a point, at which point it enters a conveyor belt and I can just sit while I am pulled through Chilis, Best Buy, Ross, Marshalls, pet smart, etc.  That's the Okie way!

Ha ha! Love it! Perfect visual.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
OSU
Activist

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2011, 12:35:36 am »

... Wink

Gonesouth1234
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2011, 09:44:00 am »

True picture of us Okies. 

And, don't forget church services or concerts. 

We want to park at the door five minutes before starting time, get to our seats in the front row-back row if it is church, enjoy the concert or service, be the first out of the lot with no waiting.....and God help the minister if the sermon is longer than the allowable time, he will be looking for another church next week.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2011, 11:32:10 am »

I'll post a link to the site plan since y'all aren't reading it.

1. Olympia won't continue south because there is a housing development there.
2. It's called "The Walk" because of the walking and golf cart paths from the housing into the densest part of the shopping center on the south end

http://garrettmoorecompany.com/files/WALK_site_plan_colored_10_03_10.pdf.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:02 am »

2. It's called "The Walk" because of the walking and golf cart paths from the housing into the densest part of the shopping center on the south end

That is a bunch of parking lot for a nice walk.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:30 am »

Doesn't look bad considering.  Got any elevations?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:26 pm »

http://garrettmoorecompany.com/files/WALK_site_plan_colored_10_03_10.pdf.

What type of neighborhood is planned to the south?  I know the neighborhood going up at the NE corner of 81st & Olympia is a senior living community.  I have heard there are plans for a large neighborhood at the SW corner of 71st & Elwood as well.  Jenks will likely have to build a new elementary school in that area soon to keep up with the growth.  

Once there is a grocery store (which there will be one in this new center) and a new school is built I see the growth accelerating as this area becomes the most attractive "new" area to live in the metro because of its close access to the rest of the city via 75, Creek Tpke/44, and 71st.  It is good for the rest of the city, especially the retail, as it adds sales tax revenue for Tulsa.  Tulsa city limits extend to 91st to the south (west of the river), and to 33rd W. Ave. west of 75.  The majority of new growth in that area will be in Tulsa spilling over into north/west Jenks south of 91st.

I'm hoping the added growth gets the city thinking about extending the west bank trail along the river south of Turkey Mtn to Jenks.  It is the last missing link between the Jenks bridge and SW Blvd bridge.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:56:11 pm by SXSW » Logged

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2011, 01:30:33 pm »

What type of neighborhood is planned to the south?  I know the neighborhood going up at the NE corner of 81st & Olympia is a senior living community.  I have heard there are plans for a large neighborhood at the SW corner of 71st & Elwood as well.  Jenks will likely have to build a new elementary school in that area soon to keep up with the growth.  

The neighborhood to the south is the retirement community.

Jenks won’t likely be opening a new school in the area, JPS has schools right there already, Jenks West Elementary (PreK - 4) and Jenks West Intermediate (5th and 6th) are already both top rated and huge schools just one mile south of Tulsa Hills off of 91st between Elwood and 75. JPS does have plans to move the Intermediate (which is itself only 4 years old) to the north side of 91st and expand the elementary into the current intermediate school.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2011, 03:18:41 pm »

The neighborhood to the south is the retirement community.

Jenks won’t likely be opening a new school in the area, JPS has schools right there already, Jenks West Elementary (PreK - 4) and Jenks West Intermediate (5th and 6th) are already both top rated and huge schools just one mile south of Tulsa Hills off of 91st between Elwood and 75. JPS does have plans to move the Intermediate (which is itself only 4 years old) to the north side of 91st and expand the elementary into the current intermediate school.

Ah, Hyde Park is the community going in south of this center.  Access will be via Maybelle Ave.  I was thinking the neighborhood north of 81st between Olympia and Elwood was senior living but apparently it's not.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org