A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:57:04 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New shopping center planned for Tulsa  (Read 22922 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:48:16 pm »

Is there any more development that can go in near 101st and Memorial? Preferably east of that intersection. Smiley

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 06:58:39 pm »

Is there any more development that can go in near 101st and Memorial? Preferably east of that intersection. Smiley

You just had to...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 07:44:32 pm »

there is plenty of development east of 101st/memorial.  there is some sort of volleyball complex going up at 101st/garnett and a small sub division is being built just to the west of that.  Of course, our county still hasn't figured out how to widen 101st/garnett with that 4 to fix money they are taking from us.  I'm sure that will get "deferred" when they pitch their next taxing scam....er scheme.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 07:48:43 pm »

You just had to...

tee hee.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 09:35:57 pm »

I thought I saw in a previous thread that Trader Joes had issues with OK rules and regulations. 

People say that but TJ operates in other states with similar regulations.
dsjeffries
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 10:12:22 pm »

I too chuckled at the name. It's as if suburban developers have a dart board of nouns to fill in the blanks. Everything is "The ____ at ___" with nouns that don't actually apply to the development in the slightest.

It's not just suburban developers. Deco district, anyone?
inteller
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 10:13:32 pm »

People say that but TJ operates in other states with similar regulations.

that's true....TJ is getting ready to open up in Leawood, KS.....so if they can deal with Kansas' blue laws I think they can deal with OK.
But TJ isn't strictly an organic store, so don't get your hopes up.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »

It's not just suburban developers. Deco district, anyone?

Grin

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 01:19:05 pm »

Here's the movie theater: a Carmike's 12 plex with some sort of new technology they're hawking called the "Big D Digital Experience."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 01:25:38 pm »

Personally, I'm a fan of the "big O"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 01:41:55 pm »

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=13795456

Carmike Cinemas unveiled plans Thursday for a new 12-screen theatre scheduled to be built in the Tulsa Hills Development.

The company said the theatre will seat 2,330 and feature a new state-of-the-art entertainment complex. Tulsa Hills is located on Highway 75 at 71st street south.

Amenities for the new 45,300 square ft facility includes stadium style, high-back plush seating along with 3-D capability.

In addition to the movie going experience for the community, Carmike's use of DIGITAL technology will also enable the theatre to show live and recorded sporting events and concerts, with most being shown in Real-D 3-D.

The theatre is scheduled to be open in late 2011.

-------------------

According to the Carmike website, this is what Real-D is:
“The BigD –Large Format Digital Experience will feature Bigger Screens, Bigger Sound and Bigger, more Luxurious Seats providing the Ultimate Entertainment Experience”, said David Passman, Carmike’s President and CEO. The auditorium will include a wall to wall giant screen measuring 78 feet wide and 35 feet tall, custom luxury seating, the latest in 7.1 surround sound and DIGITAL projection for both 2D and 3D features.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:43:31 pm by dsjeffries » Logged
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 03:03:59 pm »

Way back in the day, I was told by someone that Tulsa has more movie theatre's than Houston Texas.
And the more that keep being built. We may have a huge distinction going on here.
I can only attribute this possibility to the lack of nothing really to do around here.

One other side note. Is it just me or do we also have a huge abundance of Sports Bars in our City ?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:42 pm »

One other side note. Is it just me or do we also have a huge abundance of Sports Bars in our City ?

Several years ago we were in the top 5 of liquor licenses per capita.  Not sure where we stand now.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 03:44:26 pm »

Way back in the day, I was told by someone that Tulsa has more movie theatre's than Houston Texas.
And the more that keep being built. We may have a huge distinction going on here.
I can only attribute this possibility to the lack of nothing really to do around here.

13 years ago Movies 8 was the premier movie theater in Tulsa.  Theaters in this city have come a long way since then, and there are probably twice as many now with the Woodland Hills Cinema the only one shutting down (that I can remember). 

If it's an all digital theater this will do well.  Sounds similar to the Warren in Moore which is hugely popular.  SW Tulsa/NW Jenks will be the next boom area in the 10's just as Owasso and south BA were in the 00's.  Lots of new housing will likely follow these commercial developments, especially around 71st/81st & Elwood. 

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »

I tried to walk from the tire place at Tulsa Hills during a long wait to eat lunch and do a bit of shopping. It was not at all pleasant. Intermittent sidewalks. Giant parking lots. No trees. People gawking at you like you're an elephant at a drive-thru animal park.
It's a very similar experience walking from the tire place on Memorial in Bixby two doors down to Chili's. Only with more traffic. Or from the tire place on Memorial in Tulsa to one of the restaurants at 91st.

It's more than mildly annoying there are no sidewalks on Olympia in Tulsa Hills.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org