A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:18:02 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA  (Read 51451 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

TSA
« on: December 01, 2010, 12:35:28 pm »

Here is how we will all need to start showing up at the Airport. Well, maybe not all of us.
http://www.newsok.com/article/3519710

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:58:28 pm »

The more I read, the more it sounds like she might just become a poster child, or at least pin-up girl for how stupid and over-reaching our government trolls minions are.  If this is what it takes to get someone to realize the latest TSA policies are too far over the top then we owe her a debt of gratitude.  She's a retired surgeon and listed as owning an oil field trucking outfit in Hennesey, hardly a threat to national security.  But she does fit the profile of the sort of people who need to be harassed so we can be PC and not offend those who typically fit the mold of airline hi-jackers.

And more info:

This blonde bombshell wearing just black lace, a pearl necklace and a white dog is Tammy Banovac, a retired surgeon in a wheelchair. She got down to her lingerie while going through airport security and still got a pat down. Twice.

Dr. Banovac always refuses to go through the metal detector. She has to use a metal wheelchair and that means that she always gets a pat down no matter what. Lately, she says she feels violated because the pat downs have become increasingly invasive during the last few months. "If it happened anywhere else, it would have been sexual assault," she declared to a local newspaper.

She was so angry with the situation that she decided to change things. On November 30, the 52-year-old arrived to the Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City en route to Phoenix, wearing just a trench coat. When it was time to pass through the check point, she took off her coat, stripping down to her black lace lingerie. She hoped that, by showing that she had nothing to hide, she would not be hand-searched.

Sadly for her, things got worse: The perspicacious TSA agents wanted her to go through the metal detector, anyway. When she understandably refused, they decided to give her a pat down.

At this point, the quick-witted TSA agents said they found traces of nitrate on her body. Banovac claimed that it was probably her medication or a result of a hunting day. However, since it's obvious that the retired surgeon could be a secret Al-Qaeda terrorist carrying a bomb somewhere in her lace bra or panties, the astute TSA officials subjected her to a one-hour hand-search and interrogation. Yes, one hour.

As a result, she missed her flight to Phoenix and had to return home.

But hold on, because it gets even more surreal: She returned the next day and the same thing happened. She got down to her lingerie and got a hand-search anyway. This time, however, she could make her flight on time.

If this is not an example of everything that is foobared up with the TSA, I don't know what is.

http://gizmodo.com/5703878/the-most-stupid-tsa-action-to-date-defies-belief

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:04:50 pm »

Here is an interview from last night with Tammy Bonavac:

http://www.azfamily.com/video/featured-videos/Phoenix-woman-wears-only-bra-underwear-through-airport-security-111169624.html

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 10:40:05 am »

From "modern romance"

He grasped me firmly but gently just above my elbow and guided me into a room, his room. Then he quietly shut the door and we were alone. He approached me soundlessly, from behind, and spoke in a low, reassuring voice close to my ear.

"Just relax."

Without warning, he reached down and I felt his strong, calloused hands start at my ankles, gently probing, and moving upward along my calves slowly but steadily. My breath caught in my throat. I knew I should be afraid, but somehow I didn't care. His touch was so experienced, so sure. When his hands moved up onto my thighs, I gave a slight shudder, and partly closed my eyes.

My pulse was pounding. I felt his knowing fingers caress my abdomen, my ribcage. And then, as he cupped my firm, full breasts in his hands, I inhaled sharply. Probing, searching, knowing what he wanted, he brought his hands to my shoulders, slid them down my tingling spine and into my panties. Although I knew nothing about this man, I felt oddly trusting and expectant.

This is a man, I thought. A man used to taking charge. A man not used to taking `no' for an answer. A man who would tell me what he wanted. A man who would look into my soul and say ... "Okay, ma'am," said a voice. "All done." "You can board your flight now.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 02:06:23 pm »

The agency in charge of airway security declined to speak about "any security matters" last week, when:

WASHINGTON — The midnight landings of two jets at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport after the control tower mysteriously fell silent this week raises serious national security concerns, security experts and former air-traffic controllers say.

The two jets landed within a few miles of the White House, the Capitol, the Pentagon and other sensitive government buildings without clearance from the tower because the air-traffic controller on duty did not respond on the radio or telephone.

With no one answering in the tower, security layers designed to ensure that jets don't stray from their path and that passengers are protected from acts of terror are frayed, says Stephen Luckey, a former airline pilot who operates a security consulting firm.

The lone supervisor on duty in Reagan National's tower told investigators Thursday that he had fallen asleep while working his fourth consecutive overnight shift, the National Transportation Safety Board said.

So all that theater that's supposed to lead us to believe no one will ever be able to crash a plane into the nation's capital again, unravels when just one guy nods off. 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 01:33:46 pm »

TSA molestations, er pat downs, to become a felony in Texas?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/29/texas-make-invasive-pat-downs-felony/

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 02:20:48 pm »

TSA targets people who complain about TSA

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/15/tsa.screeners.complain/index.html

Complaining about airport security is one indicator Transportation Security Administration officers consider when looking for possible criminals and terrorists, CNN has learned exclusively. And, when combined with other behavioral indicators, it could result in a traveler facing additional scrutiny.

"Expressing your contempt about airport procedures -- that's a First Amendment-protected right," said Michael German, a former FBI agent who now works as legal counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. "We all have the right to express our views, and particularly in a situation where the government is demanding the ability to search you."

"It's circular reasoning where, you know, I'm going to ask someone to surrender their rights; if they refuse, that's evidence that I need to take their rights away from them. And it's simply inappropriate," he said.

"I think the idea that they would try to draw attention to themselves by being arrogant at airport security, it fails the common sense test," said CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen. "And it also fails what we know about their behaviors in the past."

In recent years, the TSA has also expanded the scope of the program. Originally intended to look only for suspected terrorists, the program now also seeks to ferret out possible criminals in airports.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »

TSA targets people who complain about TSA

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/15/tsa.screeners.complain/index.html

Complaining about airport security is one indicator Transportation Security Administration officers consider when looking for possible criminals and terrorists, CNN has learned exclusively. And, when combined with other behavioral indicators, it could result in a traveler facing additional scrutiny.

"Expressing your contempt about airport procedures -- that's a First Amendment-protected right," said Michael German, a former FBI agent who now works as legal counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. "We all have the right to express our views, and particularly in a situation where the government is demanding the ability to search you."

"It's circular reasoning where, you know, I'm going to ask someone to surrender their rights; if they refuse, that's evidence that I need to take their rights away from them. And it's simply inappropriate," he said.

"I think the idea that they would try to draw attention to themselves by being arrogant at airport security, it fails the common sense test," said CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen. "And it also fails what we know about their behaviors in the past."

In recent years, the TSA has also expanded the scope of the program. Originally intended to look only for suspected terrorists, the program now also seeks to ferret out possible criminals in airports.

About two months ago I was returning from a ski trip in Colorado. At the Denver airport, the line to get through security was very long and it took almost 40 minutes to get to the scanner. Just before I was about to go through scanner, a rude woman dropped her bags in front of mine and basically cut in front of me. I asked her to explain herself and she said she was entitled because she had a "badge". I asked her to show it to me, and, after she refused, I gave her both barrels. She "smartly" told me I should be more respectful, to which she received a gracious hand gesture.

The TSA stopped me just before I was enter the normal scanner and offered the full body/pat down option. I felt retaliated against.

The funny thing is the guy I was in line with went to a gift shop and bought me a kiddie Sheriff's badge with my name on it. I plan on carrying it with me just in case some other alleged government dooshbag thinks they are entitled to special treatment.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:41:36 pm by guido911 » Logged

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 04:23:25 pm »

What is this?

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 06:40:52 pm »

You know full well what it is; child molestation!! 

And look how happy they are to be doing it!!  Big smiles!!

Yeah, the whole thing is so far gone, it's beyond ridiculous!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:54 am »

I got a good grope last week on the way to AZ.  I more enjoyed watching the woman in front of me get felt up.  They really went to town on her, of course she was more attractive than I am.  Huh

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:32 am »

I got a good grope last week on the way to AZ.  I more enjoyed watching the woman in front of me get felt up.  They really went to town on her, of course she was more attractive than I am.  Huh

You weren't behind the blonde in the wheel chair were you?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 06:06:31 pm »

Great news. Mentally challenged special needs young man gets the TSA molestation treatment over a toy hammer he carried for 20 years.

http://www.hapblog.com/2011/06/searched-like-suspected-terrorist-tsa.html

When will this sh!t end?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 02:43:48 pm »

Here we go again. This time its a 95 year old woman with leukemia:

A woman has filed a complaint with federal authorities over how her elderly mother was treated at Northwest Florida Regional Airport last weekend.

Jean Weber of Destin filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after her 95-year-old mother was detained and extensively searched last Saturday while trying to board a plane to fly to Michigan to be with family members during the final stages of her battle with leukemia.

Her mother, who was in a wheelchair, was asked to remove an adult diaper in order to complete a pat-down search.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/mother-41324-search-adult.html

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 11:58:22 am »

It won't end. 
At least not until we elect different people to Congress.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org