A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:03:55 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Home Torn Down  (Read 12794 times)
OSU
Activist

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 06:31:30 pm »

Hmmmm, egg on my face then lol. I thought I was certain that the house that was at the spot I drove by was that one. I will go by again tomorrow and get the street.  I know A house was torn down though lol. It was on a sharp corner lot like the castle one above, and had a similar lighter colored stone house next door as well.  Hopefully I was wrong. 

I was so distressed by the thought of that house being torn down I had to go check for myself lol. It's easily in my top 5 of Tulsa homes.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 10:40:38 am »

Thats not Maple Ridge.......

Kenosha
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 08:26:33 pm »

Terwilleger is on my way home from work so I'll check it out.  

There was another house recently torn down in Maple Ridge just south of 21st & Peoria.  The house was in bad shape and the property faces Peoria and Woodward Park.  It will be interesting to see what ends up getting built there.  Since it's in Maple Ridge are there any new development requirements?  

There are several new houses going up on the western side of Terwilleger Heights right now, all on 29th between Peoria and Rockford.  I like the one on Peoria, looks very Hugh Newell Jacobson.  

I like it too.

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 09:23:49 am »

Yeah it's definitely still there but you're right it could be torn down because it's not in protected Maple Ridge.  That is why I was so surprised to see that house on Peoria across from Woodward Park torn down, even though it was falling apart and wasn't particularly noteworthy. 

pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 06:32:20 pm »

There is nothing in MapleRidge that keeps a house from being torn down.  Only North MapleRidge (north of 21st) has HP zoning, and even then, HP zoning only stays demolition for 60 days.  Most cities, including OKC, have much better protections.

My grandparents lived near that house.  Growing up, the story was that the house was haunted.  I remember stories about kids disappearing on Halloween when they trick-or-treated there--all urban myth, I'm sure.  But I'm curious if anyone else heard stories?

rdj
City Father

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2011, 03:17:19 pm »

So which house was torn down?

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 07:59:40 pm »

So which house was torn down?

The only one in the area I know of is just south of 21st & Peoria facing Woodward Park.  I saw heavy equipment doing site work there last week for a new house. 

No houses have been torn down on Terwilleger. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org