A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:21:02 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Village on Main starts  (Read 51790 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2014, 08:18:15 am »

Help me out here guys. Sprouts is opening right across the street from my Reasors here in B.A. Why should I go to them?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2014, 08:39:13 am »

Help me out here guys. Sprouts is opening right across the street from my Reasors here in B.A. Why should I go to them?

Better prices on produce.  They have really good specials on meat and seafood, make their own sausage with no preservatives, and charge a fair price for it.

Reasor’s still gets some of our business, but we’ve become “small market” shoppers.  We don’t do a big grocery buy all at once.  MC or I will go every few days to keep things fresher and to exploit different specials at different grocers.  We have many good choices in mid-town now.  If anything, we are probably over-served to a degree.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2014, 05:44:31 pm »

"It's not Reasors" isn't enough?

Sprouts is good for perishables...  everything else, not so much
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2014, 07:27:52 pm »

Sprouts seems to be organic stuff without the wacky Whole Foods prices.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »

Sprouts seems to be organic stuff without the wacky Whole Foods prices.

They also have a good selection of "conventional" produce at good prices.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2014, 09:42:51 am »

Apparently the chain itself must not be doing too bad.  I saw a notice on one of the construction news feeds I get they are remodeling the Green Acres in OKC.  No idea where it’s located.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 09:49:49 am »

Apparently the chain itself must not be doing too bad.  I saw a notice on one of the construction news feeds I get they are remodeling the Green Acres in OKC.  No idea where it’s located.

The location of the Jenks store.  I forgot it existed unless I took the bridge into Jenks to go to Sams.  By then I'd already gone to the grocery.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 03:15:11 pm »

Sprouts will commonly have really amazing meat deals, and the quality of the meats is excellent. The store at 101st and Memorial has a great meat counter staff.  I can call them and have them pick out stuff for me and hold it (because when they have a sale, it goes fast!).  I really only go for the meat sales.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 04:42:32 pm »

Thanks for the info guy's. My Reasors are already posting prices with better than "Sprouts" signs on certain produce. I thought, geez let em open first.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org