A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:44:21 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Village on Main starts  (Read 51784 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 05:07:49 pm »

and the consumer (who would have trouble getting to this location) is spending less and less.

Who would have trouble getting to this location?

rdj
City Father

« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 09:29:48 am »

They've completed a lot of drainage work.  People forget the Aquarium, Waterfront Grill, etc sit in the flood plain on the river side of the levee.  Part of VOM's plan was to cut the levee, which required Corps of Engineers approval.  They didn't want to go over the top of the levee because the hope was for the street to remain level and the sight-lines to be better.  I think it was great planning and foresight on their part.  They also had some easement issues they had to work out.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 10:32:21 am »

And the Village on Main finally comes back to life.

http://jenksjournal.com/news/council-action-paves-way-for-village-on-main/article_15ccd2e0-c900-11e0-b78e-001cc4c03286.html

Interested to see what this GreenAcres Market is all about. Even more interested to see camping and outdoors store is going in as well. My guess would be another Backwoods.

Apparently it is Kansas City-based and this will be their third location.  (Currently, one in Kansas City and one in Wichita)

www.greenacres.com
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:34:37 am by Oil Capital » Logged

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 12:27:39 pm »

Apparently it is Kansas City-based and this will be their third location.  (Currently, one in Kansas City and one in Wichita)

www.greenacres.com

My parents have a second home in the area and my mom will likely love that Green Acres.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
bluelake
Activist

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 08:57:27 am »

Looks like the health food store war in tulsa has claimed its first victim.  Just received an email that the jenks greenacres is closing.

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1149383/d72e2d024f/543356305/7578291324/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2014, 09:14:16 am »

Looks like the health food store war in tulsa has claimed its first victim.  Just received an email that the jenks greenacres is closing.

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1149383/d72e2d024f/543356305/7578291324/

That place was doomed from the start.  Poor location, very high prices from the couple of times I was there.  I could see absolutely nothing compelling about their offerings.  I figured the new Whole Paycheck at 91st & Yale would drive the final nail in their coffin.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2014, 09:42:49 am »

That place was doomed from the start.  Poor location, very high prices from the couple of times I was there.  I could see absolutely nothing compelling about their offerings.  I figured the new Whole Paycheck at 91st & Yale would drive the final nail in their coffin.

I stopped by Fresh Market (81st and Yale) a few weeks ago and it was pretty slow.  Drove by Whole Foods on the way home and the lot was packed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:03 am »

I stopped by Fresh Market (81st and Yale) a few weeks ago and it was pretty slow.  Drove by Whole Foods on the way home and the lot was packed.

I never think of Fresh Market.  They have really good meat and produce, but with Sprouts now open at 41st & Harvard, there’s not much need to venture further south.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2014, 10:42:03 am »

Ditto:   visited during grand opening.   Thought "good luck with this" and never returned.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2014, 11:04:20 am »

The “grand closing” ad claims a 20% discount off their “already low prices”?  pancakes?  Do they shop their competition?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2014, 06:34:56 pm »

I will go tomorrow and stock up on their selection of high end root beers.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2014, 09:25:29 pm »

Getting to the location wasn't difficult but the entrance was deceiving.  What appeared to be an inviting entrance on the east side of the building was marked one way out with a curve toward going the wrong way on the one-way portion of Main St.  By the time you saw that, it was too late to go in the west entrance.  I never got around to stopping in as they have/had the "upscale" look which means high prices without justification to me.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2014, 09:41:48 pm »

I never think of Fresh Market.  They have really good meat and produce, but with Sprouts now open at 41st & Harvard, there’s not much need to venture further south.

I go to Fresh Market for 3 Guys Smokin' Razz and for the house brand Blue Corn Tortilla chips.  I also have purchased 100%/no-preservative fruit juice for some meads I have made.

The chips are low in saturated fat and salt and reasonably priced compared to many other chips.  Tostitos has a blue corn tortilla chip with similar saturated fat and salt but more expensive.  Unfortunately, FM has had some supplier problems with their house brand and the chips haven't been available for a while the last time I checked. 

We use the Razz with baby back ribs in the crock pot.  Not attempting to be BBQ, just an easy way to make some tasty dinner.  It's even easier than Ron Popeil's Rotisserie, the Set it and Forget it product. (A friend actually has one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLq27iOW0R0)

I am favorably impressed with "our" Sprouts at (approx) 101st & Memorial. I mostly get produce there.  It's good and frequently less expensive than WalMart.  I also like it when the Mahi-Mahi is on sale.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »

I will go tomorrow and stock up on their selection of high end root beers.

Do they have Hires Root Beer?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2014, 07:48:09 am »

I go to Fresh Market for 3 Guys Smokin' Razz and for the house brand Blue Corn Tortilla chips.  I also have purchased 100%/no-preservative fruit juice for some meads I have made.

The chips are low in saturated fat and salt and reasonably priced compared to many other chips.  Tostitos has a blue corn tortilla chip with similar saturated fat and salt but more expensive.  Unfortunately, FM has had some supplier problems with their house brand and the chips haven't been available for a while the last time I checked. 

We use the Razz with baby back ribs in the crock pot.  Not attempting to be BBQ, just an easy way to make some tasty dinner.  It's even easier than Ron Popeil's Rotisserie, the Set it and Forget it product. (A friend actually has one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLq27iOW0R0)

I am favorably impressed with "our" Sprouts at (approx) 101st & Memorial. I mostly get produce there.  It's good and frequently less expensive than WalMart.  I also like it when the Mahi-Mahi is on sale.

Crock pot is also a great way to fly with pork butt and brisket.  Nothing like coming home and smelling the aroma from the crock pot throughout the house.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org