A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:28 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Village on Main starts  (Read 51817 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:28 pm »

The latter. I think folks around Jenks must like the ambiance, want to support it or enjoy their margaritas. Maybe there aren't any other Mexican restaurants near by.

I think there is a small Mexican restaurant in "downtown" Jenks on Main St.  I haven't been there and have no idea whether it is any good.

I went twice to Cabos. The shrimp coctail was average to poor, the live music was way too loud, the margaritas average and the enchiladas similar to Chimi's. It was crowded, service was okay. Just nothing special other than the patio experience.

You didn't have enough average margaritas.   Smiley

dbacks fan
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2010, 04:58:02 pm »

That looks a bit sanitary for me, how about this:

Looks like Sarah Palin's childhood home where she could see Russia from her front porch.  Wink

I wish I had a picture of this van that would pull up on the beach at the hotel I was in, in Rocky Point. They cut the driver side of this old Chevy van open to serve through, and they were there until they sold everything. The best part were the tortillas, they were fresh made that morning, and the beef machaca was like nothing I've had before or since.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2010, 11:48:42 pm »

I think there is a small Mexican restaurant in "downtown" Jenks on Main St.  I haven't been there and have no idea whether it is any good.

You didn't have enough average margaritas.   Smiley

It's terrible and they don't even serve margaritas. So what's even the point of it existing?

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2010, 11:52:56 pm »

It's terrible and they don't even serve margaritas. So what's even the point of it existing?

I just know it's there since I drive on Main St going home from work.  That is all.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 12:40:19 am »

Yeah, but I bet they serve sweet tea and endless baskets of bland chips with bland salsa too. I bet you can even get some warm re-heated white flower tortillas. Appeals to the palate of the trailer trash crowd quite well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2010, 07:57:51 am »

I'm not aware of anyone that's ever been to Juanita's (the joint in Jenks).
not sure how they've remained in business.
And their hours seem to be most random.   sometimes they're open when you drive by.. other times they're not.
tulsacubfan
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:40 pm »

I may be the only person in town that thought Los Cabos food just isn't that good. 

Nope...you aren't alone....
tulsacubfan
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »

I'm not aware of anyone that's ever been to Juanita's (the joint in Jenks).
not sure how they've remained in business.
And their hours seem to be most random.   sometimes they're open when you drive by.. other times they're not.

when we first moved to Jenks, my husband made the mistake of going in there...once....
joiei
City Father

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »

Nope...you aren't alone....
If it wasn't for the beer then Los Cabos would not be missed if it closed.   

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:16 am »

If it wasn't for the beer then Los Cabos would not be missed if it closed.   

I can buy better beer for a lot less within a mile of my house and enjoy it in the bliss of my back yard.  That might explain why I only eat at Los Cabos about once every year and a half.  I started going to Facebook reunions with old Jenks friends, but once I realized they had no intentions of going anywhere but Los Cabos and the Cigar Bar (Ghack!), I quit going.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 04:06:55 pm »

And the Village on Main finally comes back to life.

http://jenksjournal.com/news/council-action-paves-way-for-village-on-main/article_15ccd2e0-c900-11e0-b78e-001cc4c03286.html

Interested to see what this GreenAcres Market is all about. Even more interested to see camping and outdoors store is going in as well. My guess would be another Backwoods.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

And the Village on Main finally comes back to life.

http://jenksjournal.com/news/council-action-paves-way-for-village-on-main/article_15ccd2e0-c900-11e0-b78e-001cc4c03286.html

Interested to see what this GreenAcres Market is all about. Even more interested to see camping and outdoors store is going in as well. My guess would be another Backwoods.

Village on Main has had work going on for months, it's never stopped. They have been working a lot on drainage and on reworking the levee.

The sporting goods store is probably Lewis and Clark Outfitters, they were supposed to be in phase II of the Riverwalk but wisely didn't.

http://www.gooutandplay.com/

This article from Channel 2 says they have signed 15 tenants

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/new-village-on-main-project-moving-forward-in-jenks

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:16:29 pm by swake » Logged
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 04:23:51 pm »

Village on Main has had work going on for months, it's never stopped. They have been working a lot on drainage and on reworking the levee.

The sporting goods store is probably Lewis and Clark Outfitters, they were supposed to be in phase II of the Riverwalk but wisely didn't.

http://www.gooutandplay.com/

This article from Channel 2 says they have signed 15 tenants

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/new-village-on-main-project-moving-forward-in-jenks

The developer must be taking big risk. Lewis and Clark has no credit, is a start up, and the consumer (who would have trouble getting to this location) is spending less and less. Maybe the Sporting Goods store is Davis Brothers?

15 tenants. What The Fool? How many antique dealers?

Sorry, not big on Jinx. Cheesy
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 04:25:45 pm »

Sorry, not big on Jinx. Cheesy

So no love for Tulsa or Jenks.  Check and check.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

So no love for Tulsa or Jenks.  Check and check.

I love Tulsa....not all of it's make up and certainly not many of our past decisions. Tulsa has it's priorities out of whack, a dysfunctional city government, and a questionable security force. Tulsa has overcrowded and mediocre public schools. Jenks has good schools. Jenks has a dry riverbed and weird site lines.

By 2013, GreenAcres will not be a destination point except for the immediate area. Lots more health coming to south Tulsa.....
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:33:48 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org