A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:11:49 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PDS on Full Display  (Read 19700 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2011, 05:18:54 pm »

She's not an official candidate for President for 2012, yet MSNBC led a charge to review emails she sent and received as the governor of Alaska.  Just curious if the media had been so interested in President Obama's background if he would now be President?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/10/alaska.palin.emails/index.html?eref=rss_politics&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_allpolitics+(RSS%3A+Politics)

For someone the Democrat Party portrays as a bumbling idiot, they sure spend a lot of time worrying about her.  I really wish they would show such concern with Democrat candidates.

IMO, I don't think she's suited to be POTUS or even VP.  I didn't feel she was well-suited as a running mate in 2008, but was willing to see if she would mature as a leader.  That lasted until her resignation from office.  However, it's hard to sit on the sidelines and say nothing about the weird obsession they have with her.  It's almost creepy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2011, 06:57:12 pm »

I understand this is a pic of the swarming media waiting to get a look at these e-mails.

I used to play off PDS on pure misogyny, primarily because every knock on Obama was obviously racist. Now, since it is clear that she doesn't give 2 sh!ts about this or any other media criticism (and in fact gave the media a big FU during her last bus tour), I laugh it off. As for her suitability to be POTUS, that is up to each voter. What I do know is there was more of a swell by media and lefties of her being unqualified than our sitting president who had ZERO executive experience. We may never know whether Palin would be a decent president, mainly because I don't think she is running, or if she did run I don't know if she could win, but we now know Obama was certainly not qualified given the recently collapsing market, lousy unemployment rate, lousy housing numbers, all a direct result of what he did.

And for qualifications in general, here is what is required to be eligible:

* be a natural born citizen of the United States;
    * be at least thirty-five years old;
    * have been a permanent resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

That's it. I am just as eligible as Obama, and I have better qualifications. I have a B.S. and JD just like him. However, I have worked in the private sector for 20 plus years, supervised staff, run my own business, and have a damned decent military record. I suspect that many of us in here are better qualified than he was he was running for Pres. So I don't really get this "Palin is unqualified" for vice pres or for any government leadership position--especially given we have a former SNL comic in the freakin Senate. I seem to remember than in 2004 John Edwards was a VP candidate after just serving one term in the Senate and his claim to fame was being a trial lawyer. Did the media or anyone in here savage him like Palin over his flimsy resume? Maybe I should rethink this misogyny/bigotry thing again.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:59:35 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2011, 07:09:33 pm »

I forgot to add that the Washington Post, who asked its readers to help it sort through the e-mails to find "something", has a thread dedicated exclusively to Palin:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2011/06/10/AGbIKHPH_story.html

I really like the bombshell e-mail stating that she doesn't want alcohol in the gov. mansion.

Edited: Allahpundit's hilarious blog title (and watch the vid at the link):

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/10/explosive-e-mail-revelation-palin-staff-were-excited-when-mccain-named-her-to-the-ticket/

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:17:08 pm by guido911 » Logged

joiei
City Father

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »

Forget about the Quitter,  all they want is your money.   And since your so Qualified Guido,  why don't you throw your hat into the ring and run for the presidential candidate for the Republic Party.  Put your money where your bragging is.   Actions speak louder than words don't cha know.   After all,  IOKFYAR. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2011, 10:55:10 am »

Forget about the Quitter,  all they want is your money.   And since your so Qualified Guido,  why don't you throw your hat into the ring and run for the presidential candidate for the Republic Party.  Put your money where your bragging is.   Actions speak louder than words don't cha know.   After all,  IOKFYAR. 

Meltdown in progress....!!!!

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2011, 11:56:53 am »

Meltdown in progress....!!!!

Bwahahahaha. Touch a nerve with that guy. I wonder what the treatment is for PDS because it appears crawling into a ball in the corner, crying, and sucking a thumb is NOT working.

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »

I guess I should. I hear the Republic Party rocks. As for Palin, ignore her. That's all you have to do. That's all you Palin bashers have to do is ignore her. But you don't, or simply can't, and so she goes on living rent free in your heads. People couldn't even resist talking about her in Weiner's thread.

And I have never heard of IOKFYAR. A little help please. I know IOKIYAR means "it's ok if you're a republican".

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »

It's almost creepy.

You were quite the prescient one with that statement. Here are news people making the same case, albeit taken from a right leaning website.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2011/06/11/creepy-early-show-guests-rip-msms-palin-email-goosechase

joiei
City Father

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 01:00:38 pm »

Thanks for the spell check.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 01:11:17 pm »

I do not understand, my encouragment is for the magnificent Guido to run for the Republic nomination since it is apparent that he is so much more qualified to be president than the currant president

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2011, 11:08:47 pm »

Wow.  Issues came alive.  Took some self important time to post about this crap.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011, 08:40:18 am »

I seem to remember than in 2004 John Edwards was a VP candidate after just serving one term in the Senate and his claim to fame was being a trial lawyer.

He had the whole Clintonesque thing going for him.  Turns out he even had similar proclivities.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »

Jon Stewart weighs in.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-blasts-media-for-wasting-our-time-with-palin-emails/

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:45 pm »

Just throwing this out there so those with PDS can vent or have a stroke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzKaV1vED4U[/youtube]

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 07:49:12 am »

I guess she is undefeated if you don't count losing as a vice-President candidate.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org