A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:23:13 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHEECH & CHONG TULSA - WOWIE  (Read 4297 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: November 19, 2010, 08:52:10 am »

I think you had to be high to enjoy this show if that would be possible last night at the Tulsa convention center. I went because I got free tickets to go, but wow I am so glad I didn't pay. I just wish I could get my bar tab back from SMG's 5.00 beer draws out front.

First I know this isn't the performers fault and the show producer should be shot for hiring a sub par company to run the sound and obviously they didn't sound check anything. The layout seating of the Ballrooms is NO WHERE suitable for this type of event, there is no room to sit in the standard chairs that are tied to each other, there is no rise in the room so basically your looking thru peoples heads to see the stage..The sound and total production was F- The opening act was some club/techno DJ that was horrible, the sound PA system was either OLD or someone didn't know how to set it up, as a working sound professional I noticed how odd it was to have a full size ballroom with around 1500 people in it with two stacks up front for the entire room, the show starts and "muffle muffle muffle, sounded like charlie brown, people started yelling at them to turn it up, the wife of chong was speaking and asked the audio people to turn it up and they said they couldn't..so the show went on..about 30 minutes into the show the entire row behind us said "screw this" and left, everyone else in our row did the same thing a few minutes later than we bailed, went out to the lobby and there were around 400 people out there asking for refunds

The performance of Cheech and Chong was "okay" but they were really struggling to be funny on cue, the act was rehearsed and was a little dry, overall don't recommend it and glad I didn't pay for a ticket.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:56:37 am »

I tried to watch one of their movies a few years back.

What a difference a few years and "clean" living makes.

I made it through one of Stacy Keach's coke addled scenes and called TOD.

Their time has passed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:00:12 am »

For the number of people, surprised they didn't play the Brady or the Hard Rock.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:10:39 am »

It seems like the local show promoter whoever it was wanted to save some cash and went on the cheap for everything including the venue..
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:05:13 pm »

They were on my flight to Houston on Friday.  I didn't realize they still did shows, and the ballroom at the convention center is a very random venue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org