A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:23:50 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornett Blows OKC's Chance For Pro Football  (Read 6764 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: November 16, 2010, 04:20:49 pm »

The Lingerie Football League will not be expanding to Oklahoma City.

LFL chairman Mitchell Mortaza said in a statement Tuesday that the league had abandoned its plans for a team in the city following comments critical of the league from Oklahoma City mayor Mick Cornett.

"Due to the blatant negative statements Mayor Cornett has made and his influence over the governing body that would ultimately decide whether the LFL could lease the Cox Convention Center or Oklahoma City Arena, we have sadly chosen to no longer explore OKC as an expansion market or the LFL," Mortaza said. "It is unfortunate, especially considering over 70 percent of Oklahomans polled on The Oklahoman's web site disagreed with Mayor Cornett's stance."

The league was looking to expand into Oklahoma City for the 2011 season which is scheduled to begin in August.

Players play in hockey-style helmets, elbow pads, bras, panties and garters.

When news of the league's intentions surfaced, Cornett said he was not in favor of the league coming to Oklahoma City.

After Cornett's comments were reported, the league said it would meet this week to reexamine its expansion plans.

“Unfortunately, it is the people that ultimately lose in this outcome,” Mortaza continued.

Read more: http://newsok.com/lingerie-football-league-says-no-to-oklahoma-city/article/3515075#ixzz15UE6f5xz

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 04:32:19 pm »

That's a shame.  Could've classed up the joint.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 04:34:01 pm »

I was looking forward to seeing a few tight ends.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »

The innuendos are too numerous.

Just imagine I've written the best one anyone could below.

(imagine best possible innuendo here)

Oh, and the owie kissing would be so awesome.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 04:38:17 pm »

wonder if we could patition them to come here Cheesy
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »

The innuendos are too numerous.

Just imagine I've written the best one anyone could below.

(imagine best possible innuendo here)

Oh, and the owie kissing would be so awesome.

Poor gal must have busted her lip

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 04:54:19 pm »

BLAMMO

Lingerie Football League: Tulsa Is Being Considered

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13514565&utm_source=News+on+6&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=none
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 08:29:59 pm »

and Dewey weighs in

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=235&articleid=20101116_235_0_Ihigre449383&rss_lnk=11
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 08:53:44 pm »

I'm guessing it really ain't the mayor's call.  And if they know what a gem of a mayor we have, they'd be smart to just let him continue with his finger painting...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »

Cornett is the same kind of idiot Dewey is.

Dewey likened LFL to mud wrestling - not in the least!  Cain's Ballroom used to have mud wrestling, and it was MUCH better than LFL!!  Sad day when it stopped in Tulsa!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 09:31:36 pm »

Maybe they could play at the Spank in Bixby or Glenpool's new center if Bartlet (sic) doesn't want them. I love the league president's comment that he thought they were expanding to Oklahoma, not North Korea.

I really don't get the big deal. If these guys can draw a crowd with such a hokey concept, it's tax revenue. So long as they aren't looking for tax handouts.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 10:18:15 pm »

Maybe they could play at the Spank in Bixby or Glenpool's new center if Bartlet (sic) doesn't want them. I love the league president's comment that he thought they were expanding to Oklahoma, not North Korea.

I really don't get the big deal. If these guys can draw a crowd with such a hokey concept, it's tax revenue. So long as they aren't looking for tax handouts.

Why not?  Didn't the Thunder get that deal?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 09:34:57 am »

Perfect fit for the Spirit Bank center.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 06:40:12 pm »

Story picked up by Boing Boing
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/12/01/oklahoma-city-mayor.html
les_stockton
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:02 am »

They need to be told that Screwy Dewey doesn't speak for us.  And Screwy Dewey needs to stick to city concerns and not business concerns.  I have been wanting to get a road trip to see some of these games, but would much prefer being able to see them locally.

-----
www.freewebs.com/stocktonunderground

www.twitter.com/les_stockton

http://www.flickr.com/people/les_stockton/

http://les-stockton.smugmug.com/

You do dat, you go to da box, you know, uh, two minutes by yourself, and you feel shame, you know, and then you get free. ~Denis Lemieux
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org