A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:04 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Thinking 'Bout Somethin' Video shot at Greenwood and Archer  (Read 4406 times)
GG
Philanthropist

« on: November 12, 2010, 08:52:27 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmG0DqhfDbY[/youtube]

Michael Bates commented on my Facebook page that Weird Al makes a cameo appearance too.   But I have not found him yet. 

Enjoy.

Trust but verify
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmG0DqhfDbY[/youtube]

Michael Bates commented on my Facebook page that Weird Al makes a cameo appearance too.   But I have not found him yet. 

Enjoy.

I think he's at :40 on the right playing the tambourine (no facial hair and has cut his hair short it would appear, but it looks like him).

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Johnboy976
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 09:47:55 am »

Did anyone notice that this is Hanson? Maybe it's because I haven't paid attention to them for years, but I didn't even recognize them.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 10:09:37 am »

Nice homage to a great movie.  Not sure about the tambourine player being Weird Al, they showed several close-ups and I don't think that's him.  I was assuming he might have been one of the guitar players.

Not sure how many of you are aware, Hanson's studio is on north Main just North of the old Lola's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 10:36:41 am »

It's definitely Weird Al on the tambourine!

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/04/15/hanson-thinkinbout-something/
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:37:38 am »

I wasn't aware that was the Hanson's.  Impressive.  I agree that the tambourine player is Weird Al.  I met him in Oklahoma City maybe ten years ago.  Very nice guy.  He does look odd with short hair though.  

From his IMDB page

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 12:49:06 pm »

Nice homage to a great movie.  Not sure about the tambourine player being Weird Al, they showed several close-ups and I don't think that's him.  I was assuming he might have been one of the guitar players.

Not sure how many of you are aware, Hanson's studio is on north Main just North of the old Lola's.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that what I said about them hasn't come true like I thought it might...

"Yep, there's another 'VH1:Behind the Music' story in ten years"...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:05 pm »

Here's their inspiration.  Looks like Weird Al is in the oregano, too.  Playing saxophone - the middle guy at 1:17.  ??
Hanson's got a really good song there.  I am surprised.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/04/15/hanson-thinkinbout-something/

Left side of the street, about midway is where the Black Panther Party had their local office in the late '60s.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 02:10:11 pm »

I'm actually pleasantly surprised that what I said about them hasn't come true like I thought it might...

"Yep, there's another 'VH1:Behind the Music' story in ten years"...

And apparently they didn't piss through all their wealth.  They were quite fortunate to have some parents/management with very level heads, they knew from the git-go their shelf life as teen pop stars was limited.  By all accounts the three brothers are quite good family men as well.  It's nice to see this sort of outcome instead of what we typically associate with former teen idols.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org