A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:06:06 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow...just.....wow.  (Read 3022 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:19 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/27/arizona.execution/index.html?hpt=T2

Waiting for someone to kick off and say 'Hook 'em, Horns' now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:33 am »

A Gooner fan right to the end.

Gotta love this:

"On Monday, Silver issued the temporary stay after concluding that the state did not provide Landrigan's side enough information to make its case sufficiently about the safety and legality of substances that would have been used to kill him.

But the U.S. Supreme Court ruling vacated the lower court order, saying "there is no evidence in the record to suggest that the drug obtained from a foreign source is unsafe."

Judge Silver wrote that she "was left to speculate" that the drug was harmful"

We are talking about LETHAL injection, right?  Isn't the drug supposed to be unsafe and harmful?

I get the point of the appeal, just love the tasty irony people are worried about harmful drugs in putting someone to death. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:46:32 am »

A Gooner fan right to the end.

Gotta love this:

"On Monday, Silver issued the temporary stay after concluding that the state did not provide Landrigan's side enough information to make its case sufficiently about the safety and legality of substances that would have been used to kill him.

But the U.S. Supreme Court ruling vacated the lower court order, saying "there is no evidence in the record to suggest that the drug obtained from a foreign source is unsafe."

Judge Silver wrote that she "was left to speculate" that the drug was harmful"

We are talking about LETHAL injection, right?  Isn't the drug supposed to be unsafe and harmful?

I get the point of the appeal, just love the tasty irony people are worried about harmful drugs in putting someone to death. 

Go back to 'Ol Sparky' and they wouldn't have that argument.

But then people would start screaming about 'cruel and unusual'....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:47:27 am »

Alcohol swab before putting in the needle.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:38 am »

Or how about the inmate who tried to commit suicide right before his execution several years back.  They took him either to the infirmary or Clark Bass Regional in McAlester to pump his stomach and returned him only to execute him later in the day.  I cannot find the particular article for this but recall it. 

Here's another irony:

"...He was sentenced to death because of 2 aggravating circumstances: knowingly creating a great risk of death to more than one person and the killings being especially heinous, atrocious or cruel. A court-appointed psychiatrist said in an evaluation of Fluke that he reasoned his family would be happier in heaven, where Fluke was certain they would go after death. He believed he would be reunited with them after his execution and requested a last meal of the Lord's Supper: some grape juice and a cracker. Fluke spent his last hours in isolation on death row under a suicide watch, which Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson said was a typical procedure with condemned inmates..."

Who would have guessed death row prisoners spend their last hours under a suicide watch?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacks fan
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:20:23 am »

"Excuse me, aren't those bullets that you are going to execute me with unsafe?" "Is that rope legal?" "I'm for a greener enviroment, where does the electricity come from that you are going to fry me with? Nuclear plant? Sorry that's against what I beleive, so you can't use it."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org