A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:13 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMC/Southroads/Promenade  (Read 49369 times)
Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2013, 08:05:16 pm »

¿Say what where?
Purchase online:  https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/amc-southroads-20

I stand corrected, but I swear that the links on this website were not allowing on-line purchasing when I tried this morning.  I'm happy that reserved seating is available on-line now, and am looking forward to trying it out.  So...you have to print these tickets off on your home printer, using your preposterously priced ink?   Roll Eyes

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2013, 11:06:04 am »

¿Say what where?
Purchase online:  https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/amc-southroads-20

I stand corrected, but I swear that the links on this website were not allowing on-line purchasing when I tried this morning.  I'm happy that reserved seating is available on-line now, and am looking forward to trying it out.  So...you have to print these tickets off on your home printer, using your preposterously priced ink?   Roll Eyes

No. You just type in the number from the confirmation email and the tickets print at the kiosk.

davideinstein
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2013, 03:50:40 pm »

Saw American Hustle last night here and bought online. I'll be back.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2013, 10:36:48 pm »

I never been to the Promenade AMC - However, I'm a big fan of the Admiral Twin Drive-in, that place is really nice- they use digital projectors now, plus I live just two blocks away from it. They are closed for winter but will open up in a few months. Everything there like the snack bar is all new. You can watch movies without the hassles of  in-door theaters.

I like Admiral Twin too, but:

AMC seats are more comfortable than my car.

I don't have to run the engine for two hours to keep warm.

No surround sound at drive-ins either. I have 7 channels in my living room, I sometimes don't like spending 30ish to take 4 people to a theater to hear cassette-quality sound.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »

I like Admiral Twin too, but:

AMC seats are more comfortable than my car.

I don't have to run the engine for two hours to keep warm.

No surround sound at drive-ins either. I have 7 channels in my living room, I sometimes don't like spending 30ish to take 4 people to a theater to hear cassette-quality sound.
Yes but it's more private, you can smoke in your car  if your a smoker and do as you wish. Ya Can't beat a drive-in when you snuggle up with your favorite girl either. Lips sealed

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2013, 02:10:22 pm »

IMAX leaves me exhausted, and the angle of the seats makes it very hard to enjoy my Chardonnay.

The good news is the films only last for 45 minutes at IMAX.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

Went to Cinemark last weekend, and since it had been a year or so since my last movie, I was surprised by the 35 minutes of "previews" and ads - last time was only about 15.  Really pissed me off.  Told SWMBO we are gonna build a theater room and wait for the Blue Ray or the 4k discs to come out... 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2014, 01:06:17 pm »

Went to Cinemark last weekend, and since it had been a year or so since my last movie, I was surprised by the 35 minutes of "previews" and ads - last time was only about 15.  Really pissed me off.  Told SWMBO we are gonna build a theater room and wait for the Blue Ray or the 4k discs to come out... 

That's one thing I love about the reserved seats.  I don't have to go in immediately and can wait 15 or so before sitting down, and my seats are still there.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2014, 04:41:49 pm »

I actually enjoy the previews.  Now that I don't have cable, don't read the paper, and only watch Netflicks and get my news from the internet, I would have no idea what movies are coming out other than the previews at the movies.  I have actually missed movies that I would have liked to have seen at the theater because I had no idea the movie even existed lol. 

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »

Keep your tickets handy for when the gestapo wants to come and interrupt you during your movie to check your seats......

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2014, 10:52:20 am »

Southroads just sold for $57.8 million.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2014, 11:03:22 am »

Southroads just sold for $57.8 million.

love a Duck....!!!!

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2014, 01:25:40 pm »

So AMC 20 is not part of the sale?  Huh

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org