A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:52:50 pm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMC/Southroads/Promenade  (Read 50047 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »

IMAX leaves me exhausted, and the angle of the seats makes it very hard to enjoy my Chardonnay.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2013, 03:02:50 pm »

IMAX leaves me exhausted, and the angle of the seats makes it very hard to enjoy my Chardonnay.

Drink it like a Capri Sun, just poke a straw in it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

You know in other states they have drink service in the theater. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2013, 04:24:59 pm »

You know in other states they have drink service in the theater. Wink

"All right. Well, you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup; I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2013, 11:12:21 am »

No...the real problem is immediately obvious - Chardonnay..??  Really??  You know better - soft theater seats, popcorn, and a box of Milk Duds....it should have been a Cabernet!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2013, 02:25:18 pm »

No...the real problem is immediately obvious - Chardonnay..??  Really??  You know better - soft theater seats, popcorn, and a box of Milk Duds....it should have been a Cabernet!!

I don't eat popcorn or candy, and that broadens my alcohol options.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2013, 03:44:02 pm »

I don't eat popcorn or candy, and that broadens my alcohol options.

I'll give you that...but Chardonnay??  Really??  I mean, there's gotta be some good whiskey, or rum, or Mogen David instead of that....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:41 am »

No, you need a good jacket with an inside pocket, and a flask of good smooth whiskey. Stick it in the freezer before you go, and sip on it. Makes a crappy movie so much better.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »

You mean something like this? You can fit half a liquor store in that one. Ask me how I know.  Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2013, 04:27:20 pm »

You mean something like this? You can fit half a liquor store in that one. Ask me how I know.  Grin

In college, I used to have a leather aviator jacket with four outside pockets and two inside pockets.  I could get a full 12 pack in it.

Wife found it a few years ago and made me throw it away.  Smelled like a party.

Tulsa Zephyr
Activist

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2013, 10:25:30 am »

FYI...The AMC's recent remodeling appears to be complete.  Lounge chairs in all the auditoriums except the IMAX.  We went there yesterday for the 10am showing of "American Hustle" (a really good flick) and discovered that they are now doing reserved seating.  When you purchase your tickets, you have to pick out the seats you want by looking at a monitor.  Since few people know about this, there was a line and everyone was asking a lot of questions.  I asked if patrons are able to purchase reserved seating tickets on-line and was advised that we could.  However, I just checked their website and discovered on-line ticket purchasing is not available at this theater!  I have always really liked this theater and appreciate the money they've poured into it recently, but coupled with the fact that they don't print their showtimes in the paper any more, and now they've got this reserved seat thing going on, it's becoming increasingly more complicated to simply go to the movie there.  I know they are probably planning to have food service in the auditoriums at some future date, hence the numbered seats...but there are a few bugs to work out...You might want to allow yourself a little extra time during your next visit there...

"My ambition is handicapped by laziness."  Charles Bukowski
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2013, 11:48:34 am »

FYI...The AMC's recent remodeling appears to be complete.  Lounge chairs in all the auditoriums except the IMAX.  We went there yesterday for the 10am showing of "American Hustle" (a really good flick) and discovered that they are now doing reserved seating.  When you purchase your tickets, you have to pick out the seats you want by looking at a monitor.  Since few people know about this, there was a line and everyone was asking a lot of questions.  I asked if patrons are able to purchase reserved seating tickets on-line and was advised that we could.  However, I just checked their website and discovered on-line ticket purchasing is not available at this theater!  I have always really liked this theater and appreciate the money they've poured into it recently, but coupled with the fact that they don't print their showtimes in the paper any more, and now they've got this reserved seat thing going on, it's becoming increasingly more complicated to simply go to the movie there.  I know they are probably planning to have food service in the auditoriums at some future date, hence the numbered seats...but there are a few bugs to work out...You might want to allow yourself a little extra time during your next visit there...

¿Say what where?
Purchase online:  https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/amc-southroads-20

can also purchase via Fandango, etc
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2013, 01:05:02 pm »

¿Say what where?
Purchase online:  https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/amc-southroads-20

can also purchase via Fandango, etc

I've been able to purchase online from this theater for at least five years.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »

I never been to the Promenade AMC - However, I'm a big fan of the Admiral Twin Drive-in, that place is really nice- they use digital projectors now, plus I live just two blocks away from it. They are closed for winter but will open up in a few months. Everything there like the snack bar is all new. You can watch movies without the hassles of  in-door theaters.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Ben
Citizen

« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2013, 07:59:59 pm »

I always skip the line and use the self serve machines. It might take a little longer to actually make the transaction, but nobody else is ever using them so it often ends up faster. You can pick your seat on the self serve machine.

The only hang up for me with them is that i am on the tall side and have to crouch down a little to get the touch panel to line up with the screen...or something like that. If i don't bend down an little i never actually touch the screen in the right place.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org