A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:33:29 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Struck  (Read 6188 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: August 11, 2010, 03:55:31 pm »

Aw shucks. I missed Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner at the B.A. Bass Pro last night.
He was looking for fishing equipment for a movie role he is shooting in Bartlesville.
Daredevil, Electra and their kids. Right here enjoying our heat. Hope they have fun.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:06:29 pm »

Supposedly he isn't actually filming. My guess is location scouting.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:49:01 am »

I heard that too. After the Star Dust settled. IMDB doesnt even have him filming anything. Not even anything in the works. And Jennifer is filming in New York on a remake of Arthur "UGH" Hollywood has truly ran out of ideas. And of all people as the lead role. Russell Brand.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:22 am »

Might have been a look a like and they got scammed.  The photo I saw which was purported to be Afleck, the guy looked like a garden-variety Oakhurst tweaker.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 08:02:50 am »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1595656/

Thats the movie, Bale is out Affleck is in.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 08:10:51 am »

That would explain Bale being in Bartlesville last year.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 08:12:55 am »

Oh he said "Affleck"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 11:34:23 am »

"Gasp" That guy Anton Sugar (Chigurh) is going to be in Bartlesville ?

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 11:37:04 am »

"Well....good for you!"

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 09:34:08 am »

Here is more info on the movie:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/09/19/photos-of-olga-kurylenko-on-the-set-of-terrence-malicks-new-movie-now-shooting-in-oklahoma/

Photos Of Olga Kurylenko on the Set of Terrence Malick’s New Movie, Now Shooting In Oklahoma

We still don’t know anything about Terrence Malick’s upcoming film The Tree of Life and yet the reclusive director, who has directed only four features in almost forty years, is already shooting his follow up. The untitled Terrence Malick romance, which stars Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem and Rachel Weisz, had previous been scouting locations in Oklahoma and was rumored to start shooting this month. That rumor can now be confirmed. Photos from the set, featuring Kurylenko, have surfaced online and you can check them out after the jump.

The photos, which come to us courtesy of Rockville Music Magazine (via AICN) were released with a story that gave a few nuggets of context. The filming viewed in these photos is in Malick’s hometown of Bartlesville, Oklahoma at the Bartlesville Community Center. They’re the host of an annual event called the Indian Summer Festival and people who attended on Friday September 17 were greeted with signs alerting them that Redbud Pictures LLC was filming there. Rockville confirmed, through the Texas Secretary of State’s office where the LLC was created, that Malick is indeed the manager of Redbud. Here are the photos.

Kurylenko mingled with festival attendees as the crew roamed the grounds freely and shot. Not much else is known, though several people she talked to had to sign releases.

In true Malick fashion, everything about these photos and this shoot are mysterious. And considering The Tree of Life has been floating around for several years and just finally got a rating and a distributor, who knows when anyone will get to see this film. But it’s still great to know that this master is making movies.

Terrence Malick, Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, Indian Festival in Oklahoma, romance… any clues on how this all comes together? Does it even matter considering it’s Malick?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 09:41:09 am »

Here is more info on the movie:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/09/19/photos-of-olga-kurylenko-on-the-set-of-terrence-malicks-new-movie-now-shooting-in-oklahoma/

Photos Of Olga Kurylenko on the Set of Terrence Malick’s New Movie, Now Shooting In Oklahoma

We still don’t know anything about Terrence Malick’s upcoming film The Tree of Life and yet the reclusive director, who has directed only four features in almost forty years, is already shooting his follow up. The untitled Terrence Malick romance, which stars Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, Rachel McAdams, Javier Bardem and Rachel Weisz, had previous been scouting locations in Oklahoma and was rumored to start shooting this month. That rumor can now be confirmed. Photos from the set, featuring Kurylenko, have surfaced online and you can check them out after the jump.

The photos, which come to us courtesy of Rockville Music Magazine (via AICN) were released with a story that gave a few nuggets of context. The filming viewed in these photos is in Malick’s hometown of Bartlesville, Oklahoma at the Bartlesville Community Center. They’re the host of an annual event called the Indian Summer Festival and people who attended on Friday September 17 were greeted with signs alerting them that Redbud Pictures LLC was filming there. Rockville confirmed, through the Texas Secretary of State’s office where the LLC was created, that Malick is indeed the manager of Redbud. Here are the photos.

Kurylenko mingled with festival attendees as the crew roamed the grounds freely and shot. Not much else is known, though several people she talked to had to sign releases.

In true Malick fashion, everything about these photos and this shoot are mysterious. And considering The Tree of Life has been floating around for several years and just finally got a rating and a distributor, who knows when anyone will get to see this film. But it’s still great to know that this master is making movies.

Terrence Malick, Ben Affleck, Olga Kurylenko, Indian Festival in Oklahoma, romance… any clues on how this all comes together? Does it even matter considering it’s Malick?

I was there this week at Indian Summer. At one point at the pow wow I was sitting in front and Olga Kurylenko was right in front of me in the arena, like 2 feet away, and Terrence Malick was standing right next to me with a camera filming her. They weren't making a big deal out of it, they were kinda trying to hide that they were filming right in middle of everything. But they were they. I also heard that Ben Affleck was filming in Pawhuska last week.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:51:44 am »

Not much detail here, but thought I'd post it nonetheless: http://theplaylist.blogspot.com/2010/10/more-details-emerge-on-terrence-malicks.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org