A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:26:29 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa State Fair  (Read 2662 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: October 11, 2010, 11:14:31 am »

Just curious. Did you go ? Did you take kid's ? see anything new or is it just another year rehashed from the past ?
I didnt go and I havent for about three years now. I dont really have any certain reason for not going. But my Wife does struggle with walking around for long periods of time. But there again that wasnt really the reason for not going.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:20:33 am »

Passed this year.  I go every few years, this was one of my off years.  I bet the midway was pretty rank by last night w/o any rain this year.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:47:08 am »

I went six times. My staff was there everyday handling all the recycling. We also used over a hundred volunteers.

The weekend days were brutal and too crowded. I took the kids on Tuesday night for two for one rides and walked around with a couple of other families. That is the best way to go. Two or three parents would find a place on the midway to camp and make the kids come back after every ride. The other two or three parents were then free to walk through the exhibit halls. 

They had free ice cream cones in one building from the Oklahoma Dairy Association. My family shared a ribeye steak sandwich, a turkey leg, a funnel cake (the small ones from the kids area), a snow cone, and a fried snickers bar.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23:56 pm »

We also used over a hundred volunteers.

Gloria Allred will be in touch shortly...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 01:01:12 pm »

Bring her on. The volunteers were great. We got many from TCC and Memorial High School, but also from Master Recyclers and Mother Nature Needs You.

They picked bottles and cans out of the trash bins and continually kept the recyclables sorted.

Overall, we spent about $1,000, about 600 hours of volunteers, and about 100 hours of staff time helping Expo Square recycle.

Every bottle and cardboard box was a victory.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org