A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:07:25 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to put the heat back on Tulsa Transit  (Read 5026 times)
inteller
« on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:46 pm »

It has been well over a year since Tulsa Transit had to come before the council and give lame excuses on why they didn't have a slick planning system like Norman a la Google Transit.  The last excuse was they had a system and they were just working out the final details.  Well a lot of time has passed and there is still no planning web site.  This is a horrible wasteful organization that needs to explain itself.  If it had all the pieces in place before the smile hit the fan budget wise then there is no excuse not to have this up and running by now.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:22:48 pm »

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the rock this morning it would appear.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »

That's part of the problem.  All we have is rocks, no track.

inteller
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54:53 am »

our transit org can't even provide a basic schedule planning system, but the solution is a track?  sorry, i wouldn't trust an org with that kind of record.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:09:26 am »

our transit org can't even provide a basic schedule planning system, but the solution is a track?  sorry, i wouldn't trust an org with that kind of record.

I find it highly unlikely that Tulsa Transit would be able to install any kind of downtown or commuter rail system on their own.  I would expect feasibility studies, environmental studies, NIMBY, begging for money, and so on.  Rail systems do not magically appear.  I was fortunate to grow up near rail transportation that was established about a century ago.  (Phila, PA metro area)

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:33:59 am »

If we get light rail, I suspect Tulsa Transit will go the way of DTU and there will be a new agency created for a good buddy or child of someone in the money belt to administer public transit.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 11:34:00 am »

If we get light rail, I suspect Tulsa Transit will go the way of DTU and there will be a new agency created for a good buddy or child of someone in the money belt to administer public transit.

Very insightful grasshopper. Cheesy
inteller
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 01:22:09 pm »

none if this rail talk relieves them from their original promise to roll out their own bus route planning system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org