A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:16:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trader Joe's  (Read 89704 times)
TulsaGuy
Activist

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2015, 04:29:52 pm »

Where are MustStache,  Lil MustStache and other stores moving?
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »

West of Charlestons......

saintnicster
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2015, 09:07:28 am »

Finalizing the contract, marketing strategy, whatever other business reasons they might have.

Also, Tulsa's had some history of places announcing that they're opening a place/moving in, only to be "coming soon" for a year or more, or just plain falling through - Cams, Archer Market, the Food Pyramid conversion to Reasor's on Brookside, most of the new hotels and housing downtown, etc.  Maybe they want all their ducks in a row before anything is official?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2015, 09:38:35 am »

Finalizing the contract, marketing strategy, whatever other business reasons they might have.

Also, Tulsa's had some history of places announcing that they're opening a place/moving in, only to be "coming soon" for a year or more, or just plain falling through - Cams, Archer Market, the Food Pyramid conversion to Reasor's on Brookside, most of the new hotels and housing downtown, etc.  Maybe they want all their ducks in a row before anything is official?

What has been the point of Reasor’s remodel on Peoria anyhow?  They have walked right into other older former Albertson’s stores and made minor changes as they went.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 10:05:12 am »

What has been the point of Reasor’s remodel on Peoria anyhow?  They have walked right into other older former Albertson’s stores and made minor changes as they went.

It's not going to be a standard Reasor's, it's going to be a new more upscale format. They finally have it under construction.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/construction-underway-at-brookside-reasor-s-store/article_76055e45-023d-5ffb-8604-8add7068a8c3.html
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2015, 12:48:23 pm »

It's not going to be a standard Reasor's, it's going to be a new more upscale format. They finally have it under construction.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/construction-underway-at-brookside-reasor-s-store/article_76055e45-023d-5ffb-8604-8add7068a8c3.html

Lot of grocery competition on that block between Whole Foods, "upscale" Reasors, and if it happens Trader Joes.  People gotta eat so if each is clean and offers good product they all can succeed.  All three are different styles also.  Whole Foods is expensive upscale stuff.  Even an "upscale" Reasors will probably still have regular grocery prices.  Trader Joes is a different type of niche store that will probably do tons of business at first and will settle into normalcy after the novelty wears off.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »

Lot of grocery competition on that block between Whole Foods, "upscale" Reasors, and if it happens Trader Joes.  People gotta eat so if each is clean and offers good product they all can succeed.  All three are different styles also.  Whole Foods is expensive upscale stuff.  Even an "upscale" Reasors will probably still have regular grocery prices.  Trader Joes is a different type of niche store that will probably do tons of business at first and will settle into normalcy after the novelty wears off.

I guess my wife and I are old enough that novelty and cool factor mean little to us when it comes to groceries.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »

There is also a Walmart  Neighborhood Market at 44th and Peoria.  It's a great place if you like relative cheapness, combined with a very limited selection and an "eclectic" (bordering on scary) clientele, both in the store and roaming the parking lot.

I just moved into this area, and I can't wait for the new Reasors.  Whole Foods is nice, but really too expensive (to me) for main-line grocery shopping.   We go to Sprouts at 41st and Harvard right now, but that will change when Reasors opens up.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2015, 02:06:42 pm »

There is also a Walmart  Neighborhood Market at 44th and Peoria.  It's a great place if you like relative cheapness, combined with a very limited selection and an "eclectic" (bordering on scary) clientele, both in the store and roaming the parking lot.

I just moved into this area, and I can't wait for the new Reasors.  Whole Foods is nice, but really too expensive (to me) for main-line grocery shopping.   We go to Sprouts at 41st and Harvard right now, but that will change when Reasors opens up.

My wife finds the produce to generally be less expensive at Sprouts than Reasor’s and just as fresh.  Their meat can be a different story.  She’s the shopping pro, so I leave it up to her judgement.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2015, 04:08:18 pm »

My wife finds the produce to generally be less expensive at Sprouts than Reasor’s and just as fresh.  Their meat can be a different story.  She’s the shopping pro, so I leave it up to her judgement.
Out here at the edge of civilization, we have Reasor's, WalMart, Target, Aldi's and Sprouts within almost a mile.

Sprouts will typically be less expensive than Reasor's and frequently less expensive than WalMart on produce.  I rarely go to the Target.  No particular reason other than it's mostly the same as WalMart and the Walmart is closer.  Sprout's pork doesn't have 15% added solution of water and probably salt that WM pork has.  Watch the specials.  I still get the pack of (about) 8 chicken thighs with the skin still on at WM. No apparent added water and relatively inexpensive.  Aldi's has some good produce and prices but I typically forget to take a bag.  If you go, take a quarter for deposit on the shopping cart.  You get it back if you take the cart back to the corral.  Canned goods we usually get at WalMart.  Depends if they have the "No Salt Added" or "Low Sodium" varieties. Reasor's canned goods are typically a few cents more for the same thing.  Reasor's in-store specials can be good but sometimes Sprout's will still beat them.  We get Mahi Mahi at Sprout's when it's on special.  It's been previously frozen but I usually vacuum bag it and put it in our freezer until we want some.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2015, 04:14:26 pm »

I guess my wife and I are old enough that novelty and cool factor mean little to us when it comes to groceries.

You guys are just youngsters.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2015, 10:51:50 am »

You guys are just youngsters.

Grin

Hah hah.  I think you and MC need to trade notes on shopping.  Seems like you have similar methodology, RA.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2015, 10:56:56 am »

Sprouts is sucking in some areas.......

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2015, 04:13:09 pm »

They did that to two stores, and one of those already shut down.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2015, 09:29:23 am »

Roll Eyes http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/retail-envy-what-popular-stores-would-you-like-to-see/article_6c1c7f15-9014-55ca-93fe-ff26b1a68e31.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org