A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:20:35 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: True Grit 2010 Trailer  (Read 2748 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: September 30, 2010, 08:23:48 pm »

This remake I will see. Can't go wrong with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Barry Pepper, and Josh Brolin reprising the originals:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uco41pOKeJg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Oh, and the Coen Brothers are also producing the pic.

Hope Jeff Bridges can measure up to this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKThgLq21Rc[/youtube]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:28:35 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 09:48:29 pm »

I was raised a Duke fan.

Bridges will make this movie.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:26:04 pm »

Those eastern Oklahoma mountains always get bigger on the big screen...

Actually, I've got my fingers crossed for this re-make.  I always thought the original movie version was lame compared to the book...the Mattie character was much too wimpy, everybody was cutesy/Hollywood-ified, and Glen Campbell had to be one of the worst actors ever!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 04:30:23 pm by PonderInc » Logged
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:20:21 am »

My oldest son Ian and I went to see True Grit yesterday evening.  It was the 4:40 showing in Owasso and the most seats were filled. 

From what I have read, this version followed the book more closely than the 1969 version.

I go to a movie once maybe twice a year and I picked this one to go see.

The girl who plays Mattie Ross, Hailee Steinfeld was outstanding and an big upgrade from Kim Darby in the original.

Matt Damon was good and a huge upgrade from Glenn Campbell who was awful in the original.

Robert Duvall played Lucky Ned Pepper in the original and I give him a slight edge over Barry Pepper who played Lucky Ned in the new True Grit.

Dakin Matthews in the new and Strother Martin in the original as Col. Stonehill were both equally good, a draw.

Josh Brolin as Tom Chaney was ok, I still think I would give the edge to Jeff Corey from the 1969 version.

Rooster Cogburn. Jeff Bridges was good, but John Wayne was GREAT! Edge to the Duke over the Dude.

Over all story, I like the new version over the 1969 version, it was more interesting.

Go see it. It is worth the time.

Trust but verify
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org