A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:59:54 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dish Network  (Read 3497 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: October 01, 2010, 01:34:38 pm »

If you have Dish Network you probably already know that they have lost all the Fox sports networks, National Geographic and the FX channel.
If something is not worked out by November 1st. They will loose the Fox National Broadcast which will result in no Super Bowl or World Series being shown to Dish customers.
So having said that. If you would like to switch to DirecTV please PM me and I can get that taken care of for you.(Shameless plug)

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 01:38:46 pm »

If you have Dish Network you probably already know that they have lost all the Fox sports networks, National Geographic and the FX channel.
If something is not worked out by November 1st. They will loose the Fox National Broadcast which will result in no Super Bowl or World Series being shown to Dish customers.
So having said that. If you would like to switch to DirecTV please PM me and I can get that taken care of for you.(Shameless plug)

Ain't nothing shameless about that. And another thing, DirecTV is way superior to Dish Net as to customer service in my opinion.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 01:47:35 pm »

Sounds like I did the right thing when I went to DirecTV

How does Dish ever get new subscribers?  The internet is full of bad reviews for them.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 01:55:09 pm »

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Satellite TV operator Dish Network Corp. said Friday that News Corp.'s Fox television unit dropped access to 19 regional sports networks, FX and the National Geographic Channel after Dish refused to pay for a rate increase of more than 50 percent.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 02:03:58 pm »

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Satellite TV operator Dish Network Corp. said Friday that News Corp.'s Fox television unit dropped access to 19 regional sports networks, FX and the National Geographic Channel after Dish refused to pay for a rate increase of more than 50 percent.

Good old Charlie.

I met him a couple of times, it wasn't particularly pleasant.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 02:22:13 pm »

Good old Charlie.

I met him a couple of times, it wasn't particularly pleasant.

I have been in the Satellite Biz for 18 years and have known about Charlie and how he operates for years. I dont like the kind of games he plays with his equipment and programming. I have had Cox Cable and Dish Network before. I went back to DirecTV over 3 years ago and I wont be making a switch anytime soon I can tell you that.
Here is a great link with the story. http://getwhatipaidfor.com/home/story/view/358

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »

Speaking of DirecTV and Liberty Media, I guess Sirius has staged quite a turn-around under them after being within hours of bankruptcy a year and a half ago.  Great job!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 06:47:04 pm »

Got a buddy who's wife works at Dish Network and they get free Satillite through them and they still went ahead and got DirecTv as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org