A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:28:44 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtown Train Whistle  (Read 12114 times)
DwnTwnTul
Activist

« on: September 28, 2010, 12:27:30 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that the downtown trains have started sounding their blasts again?  Now, however, it's short steady blasts.  It's actually more annoying than before they installed the gates, which were supposed to silence the trains downtown. 

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 12:38:06 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that the downtown trains have started sounding their blasts again?  Now, however, it's short steady blasts.  It's actually more annoying than before they installed the gates, which were supposed to silence the trains downtown. 

Yeah, every 20 minutes or so.  When we spent the night at the AOB this past weekend, they were relentless.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:44:44 pm »

Must be due to the, uh, resident pedestrians wandering around the area.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 01:04:16 pm »

Must be due to the, uh, resident pedestrians wandering around the area.

You mean the urban outdoors-men?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 01:36:50 pm »

You mean the urban outdoors-men?

I think inteller refers to them as homeless scum.  I see he gave AOB a nice review.  I've never seen anyone who thrives on being a miserable dick as much as he does.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:40:55 pm »

I think inteller refers to them as homeless scum.  I see he gave AOB a nice review.  I've never seen anyone who thrives on being a miserable dick as much as he does.

yeah, for a while there from reading one of his posts on BBR I thought he was going to go beat someone up at the Cox Cable office...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
OurTulsa
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 03:41:50 pm »

I noticed the same thing but also noticed that there's work occurring on the tracks and I saw a few of the trains run by and sound the whistle right about the time they were upon a work crew.
inteller
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 08:59:00 am »

flame bait much?  you are pathetic.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 09:00:25 am »

flame bait much?  you are pathetic.

Awesome.  He even replied via his 'mobile device'.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 09:19:07 am »

If I remember correctly, there was one line that still was going to blow it's whistle. Also, if construction has effected one or more of the gates, that will make them whistle too.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 09:24:52 am »

They should be blowing "The Meat Whistle".....Might make everybody happier.....

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 10:20:57 am »

BB strikes again.

TheTed
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 11:42:42 am »

I hadn't even noticed, which is why I think the whole expense was a giant waste.

The train whistles, or lack thereof, don't even make a dent in downtown noise. What about the constant sirens? We better spend millions to silence those. Then we'll have to crack down on drunks and their screaming. Better come up with a special TPD taskforce.

If you want quiet, move to the suburbs.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:44:22 am by TheTed » Logged

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 11:47:13 am »

yeah, for a while there from reading one of his posts on BBR I thought he was going to go beat someone up at the Cox Cable office...

I can't believe you don't think that inteller is perfectly reasonable. I also can't believe you called that site BBR.

Personally, I like trains. The whistles don't add much to the deafening roar anyway.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 11:47:34 am »

If you want quiet, move to the suburbs boonies.

Road noise from big trucks carries well, especially in the winter.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org