A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:17:34 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comedian Greg Giraldo Passes  (Read 3547 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: September 29, 2010, 06:57:58 pm »

Dammit. He was funny.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/29/comedian-greg-giraldo-dies-overdose-prescription-pills

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:31:55 pm »

He was.  Some of his funniest stuff was on the CC roasts.  Sad that so many in the comedy world get taken from us like this.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:32:59 am »

Okay, i'm gonna go the other way and say comedy central roasts got 5% better. All of the d-list comedians with comedy central contracts like Greg Giraldo and Lisa Lampenelli make the roasts nearly unwatchable. They spent the majority of the time roasting each other and not the roastee. Several of them even make mistakes that show that they haven't even bothered to study the roastee. If the roasters were only friends, co-stars and real comedians like Betty White, then I might watch them again.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:30:50 am »

Okay, i'm gonna go the other way and say comedy central roasts got 5% better. All of the d-list comedians with comedy central contracts like Greg Giraldo and Lisa Lampenelli make the roasts nearly unwatchable. They spent the majority of the time roasting each other and not the roastee. Several of them even make mistakes that show that they haven't even bothered to study the roastee. If the roasters were only friends, co-stars and real comedians like Betty White, then I might watch them again.

And I'm gonna respectfully disagree and say 'to each their own'.  Lisa Lampanelli is one of the only reasons I watch the roasts.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:26:05 am »

And I'm gonna respectfully disagree and say 'to each their own'.  Lisa Lampanelli is one of the only reasons I watch the roasts.

Her only joke is that she has or will sleep with an African American man.  It seriously isn't that funny.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:28:35 am »

Her only joke is that she has or will sleep with an African American man.  It seriously isn't that funny.

I can't remember who said it but Lampanelli was ripped at a roast with "It looks like it's been on a taffy puller."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org