A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:14 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUSH  (Read 22932 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 12:39:11 pm »

They are coming back to Tulsa. Opening their 40th anniversary tour right here in Tulsa on May 8th at the BOK. Tickets go on sale January 30
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 01:43:37 pm »

Too bad AOX/FOTD no longer trolls here, he could regale us with what a crappy drummer Neil Peart is.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 02:34:00 pm »

Too bad AOX/FOTD no longer trolls here, he could regale us with what a crappy drummer Neil Peart is.

Unfortunately FOTD was struck by lightning shortly after making that comment.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 03:39:47 pm »

Oh snap! It's been 5 years since I started this thread?
And anyone who says Peer-T is a bad drummer must like Country Music.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 04:10:40 pm »

Not sure which is worse, my hearing them in junior high school and liking them in 1978 or the fact that the ticket stub from the last time I saw them is 23 years old.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:56 am »

2112 was one of the best albums to get baked and play over and over or play before or after Dark Side Of The Moon or The Wall.

Not that that’s happened in the last 30 years, but...

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 10:07:41 am »

Oh snap! It's been 5 years since I started this thread?
And anyone who says Peer-T is a bad drummer must like Country Music.  Roll Eyes

Rush had not been to Tulsa since 1984 and now they have been here twice in 5 years...and they are opening their world tour here. Stoked.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 11:29:50 am »

Rush had not been to Tulsa since 1984 and now they have been here twice in 5 years...and they are opening their world tour here. Stoked.

Yep, that ol duct tape roll won't bring anybody here that hasn't been here before.

Roll Eyes

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 12:56:55 pm »

Yep, that ol duct tape roll won't bring anybody here that hasn't been here before.

Roll Eyes

My first BOK concert was the Rush show. The sound mixing was terrible. I posted that on this thread right after the show. I have since been to several concerts there and absolutely love the BOK. I'm just glad that my whole perspective of the venue was not ruined by a couple of sound guys who were having an off night.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 01:04:38 pm »

My first BOK concert was the Rush show. The sound mixing was terrible. I posted that on this thread right after the show. I have since been to several concerts there and absolutely love the BOK. I'm just glad that my whole perspective of the venue was not ruined by a couple of sound guys who were having an off night.

That should have been mine, but I was so sick that night that I wasn't able to go.

I did, however, make my first concert the Foo Fighters in 2011.  That was a truly awesome concert, and another band that opened their tour that year in Tulsa.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:53 pm »

I got my tickets, I got my tickets.  Grin
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 01:27:53 pm »

The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here! ~ Navin R Johnson

I couldn't help myself.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 01:33:47 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org